Weekend Selfies: Dev Alahan Edition

Mr Bean

@TVDenimChap Your new name is…

GABLE

"The iconic Gone With the Wind star Clark’s surname was brought into the first-name mix when Weeds ’ Kevin Nealon picked it for his son.

The cast of Golden Age and later Hollywood characters is ever increasing, now including Harlow, Chaplin, Flynn and Monroe."

nominative determinism would mean they would grow up to enter the oxbridge boat race though

ooh my son’s name. great name Jezza (I mean Row-Row!)

Tired but only here for three more hours, sneaky desk selfie. Only here for a new name, let’s hope it’s a good one (not a veiled threat)

Small thermonuclear detonation behind my ear, nothing to worry about.

@rich-t Your new name is…

ETHAN

"The name Ethan is a boy’s name of Hebrew origin meaning “strong, firm”. Ethan is a name that succeeds in being at once classic and fashionable, serious and cheery, strong and sensitive. There are several Ethans in the Old Testament, the most prominent of whom is praised for his wisdom.

His prime historic namesake is Ethan Allen, Revolutionary War hero; in literature the name is associated with Ethan Frome."

Will you be publishing a methodology as to how you’ve arrived at these?

I look at your faces and the name comes to me. I’m an oracle of sorts, really.

If I already know your name/you in irl I have to try to remember times of yore when I didn’t know you, and that requires some witchery.

Do you work at CERN?

HB HS!

Happy with this, contacting the Royal Courts of Justice now to make it official.

More names…coming soon!

(off to a meeting)

:heart: My boy’s name

Such a good name

Thanks, I’ll take it - Temple Grandin is a GBOL.

You may now all call me Temple.

Tem for short? Hmm, I’ll have to think about it.

I was also tempted by Blaise. Like Blaise Pascal.

I think you made the right call.

Solid methodology.

Currently losing the will to live. I’m trying to reverse engineer some code someone wrote 10 years ago. No documentation. Yet again ridiculously tired.