Weekend Selfies: Dev Alahan Edition

I’ve got a lovely Vivian Girls t-shirt of three ladies riding a three person bike. Doesn’t fit at all now mind. Good band

It has certainly been noted.

:frowning: sorry

:scream: a doppelgänger! Wonder if she’s the evil one

nope

OI. Are you calling me the evil twin?!

Hmm, ‘oi’ is quite an aggressive way to ask. Just saying.

Shall I ask?

@juke Your new name is…

BROCK

"Brock is a rock solid name, with a touch of preppy sophistication. It ranked solidly in the 200s-300s from 1975 until 2014, but has since tumbled a bit.

Among Brocks who lived up to their name are Brock Peters who played Tom Robinson in To Kill a Mockingbird; Brock Pemberton, a founder of the Tony Awards; and Brock Chisholm, the first director-general of the World Health Organization.

Brock is the traditional name given to a badger in folk tales."

Very happy with this

I’m an awesome Pokemon trainer too, so it fits

@drspaceman Your new name is…

MAGNUS

" Magnus has made appearances as a vampire in Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles and as a character in Roald Dahl’s Matilda. And for an extra ego boost, in Charles Dickens’s The Pickwick Papers, there’s the following dialogue:
‘Magnus is my name. It’s rather a good name, I think, sir.’
‘A very good name, indeed,’ said Mr. Pickwick."

If you wouldn’t mind :smile:

surely?

Solid as a Brock

I wrote and illustrated a story called “Brock the Badger” at infant school - it got put on display for parents evening and my mum still brings it up from time to time (she might still have it somewhere)

Spoilers

at the end “Brock got dazzled [by a car’s headlights] and died”

‘Excuse me, are you evil? Asking for a friend’

@dillingerswheelman Your new name is…

CHRISTIAN

" Christian has fallen a bit from its 90’s and 00’s heights, but it’s still quite popular. Once considered overly pious, it’s now seen as making a bold statement of faith by some, while also having secular appeal for others, perhaps influenced by such celebrities as Christian Slater and Christian Bale not to mention the fashion world’s Dior, Lacroix, Louboutin and Audigier.

In the Middle Ages, Christian was a female name, but turned male with the introduction of the hero of John Bunyan’s The Pilgrim’s Progress ."

35 today. Shitshow of an age.