Weekend Selfies: Dev Alahan Edition

Niiiice :smiley:

@MartyFunkhouser Your new name is…

SILAS

" Silas, once a folksy-sounding, rural New Testament boy name associated with George Eliot’s Silas Marner, is definitely beginning to be re-evaluated. Silas is based on Sylvanus, the Roman god of trees and was originally bestowed on people who lived in wooded areas or who worked with wood."

@gert Your new name is…

TODD

“The name Todd is a boy’s name of English origin meaning “fox”. A 1970s beach boy surfing buddy of Scott, Brad, and Chad”

that really suits him

I LOVE IT!

I can imagine Marty as the Roman god of trees (again, a new tagline?)

Do you ever get the feeling you’re being watched?

Hungover and feeling sorry for myself

The IKEA blanket though :heart_eyes:

@flashinglight Your new name is…

TEMPLE

" The old word name Temple has gained some recent notice as a girls’ name via admired writer and inventor Dr. Temple Grandin (born Mary Temple), subject of an acclaimed biopic, in which she was played by Claire Danes."

So help me if my new name is David.

I’m worried all the good ones are going early.

@NoahVale Your new name is…

ARCHER

“The name Archer is a boy’s name of English origin meaning “bowman”. Archer is an Anglo-Saxon surname that feels more modern than most because of its on-target occupational and Hunger Games associations”

It is not about good @sadpunk, it’s just what word suits your face.

Some of these names may well be bad/boring, but that doesn’t mean your face is :slight_smile:

nailed it

@Jeremys_Iron Your new name is…

ROWAN

" The name Rowan is a boy’s name of Scottish, Irish origin meaning “little redhead”. Rowan – a strong surname and nature name (it’s a tree with red berries)-- is deservedly growing in popularity. Some scholars identify Rowan as originally a girls’ name, while others say Rowan’s always been used for both genders"

I look like a Dr Who monster

You should open a bowling alley with a name like that.

Big fan of this, love an androgynous name.

Me too. I really love this name actually, it was on my baby name list for a boy. The only real life Rowan I know is really really cool.