Weekend Thread 14-15 Jan

I have a very similar approach :smile:

Just chuck anything in there - a bit of this and a little bit of that! So many failed experiments but also lots of never to be recreated ‘moments of genius’.

1 Like

I’m a patent attorney at a sustainable technology company. I try to protect my company’s intellectual property, or fuck up our competitors’. Today it’s the latter.

Went and tried to play to hockey but the pitch was :snowflake: Now sitting about waiting to hear if the game I’m meant to be umpiring is still on. Watching Michel Roux getting massively flustered by Davina on Saturday Kitchen.

Morning 29 et al. Off to Fratton Park in a bit to see Portsmouth vs Leyton Orient, then a pub crawl and curry in Southsea.

@plasticniki eye opening read. Gotta read Kimmidge and the book about the festina affair/1998 tdf. Then balance it out with Christophe Bassons book

1 Like

oh that sounds pretty interesting!

It can be. It can also be really tedious. It needs a certain type of personality, I think: anally retentive, argumentive pedant. Fortunately that happens to be a really accurate description of me.

sick burn on @whiterussian

2 Likes

@whiterussian is immune to burns because she’s the coolest :heart:

1 Like

[quote=“AllOfThemWitches, post:29, topic:10673, full:true”]
I’m sat on the sofa watching Donut Showdown! If you haven’t heard of it then you should know it’s incredible, watch it. [/quote]

Watching this RIGHT NOW :doughnut:

1 Like

Really fancy some :doughnut: now

1 Like

Wengen downhill coming up shortly

COME ON!!!

#eurosportchat

1 Like

Morning twentynine, everyone else!

For once I am not hungover on a Saturday morning. I have been up for a while clearing out my room as my landlord is calling over to fit a new radiator. It’s a small room so I’ve moved everything into our spare room.

Going to go and put up posters for a while, then join my housemate’s TV for his birthday drinks. Kind of want to stay in and write for the evening then. The lady I went on a date last weekend hasn’t texted me back so that’s bumming me out a slight bit.

did a bit of a spontaneous thing yesterday and reused an open return ticket that hasn’t been eaten by a machine and surprised my bf by travelling 200 miles to visit him, essentially for free :see_no_evil: he had no idea - not sure if it makes me incredibly thoughtful and romantic or just a strange annoying stalker. :speak_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Awwwwwwwwww! :heart_exclamation:

Warming up by flicking between biathlon and luge. My wife’s suggested introducing a third ‘bear attack’ element to the biathlon and rebranding it as ‘winter survival’. Could be on to something.

saving money, and going to debate with myself whether to get on a plane I’ve got tickets for in a few weeks

I’m certain Eurosport would lap that up

wengen cancelled!!!

Ffs

Does look pretty dangerous there tbf