Weeknight commitments

Standing every Wednesday pub quiz.
Probably have plans on Fridays, but they aren’t necessarily concrete, but probs 7 out of 8 fridays.
Tuesday gym with the wife, if I don’t have too much school work to do

Thursday night is my night class at the moment (teaching rather than learning anything) and I have a monthly book club that I haven’t been to in a while (and probably won’t before November.)

I also play football immediately after work once or twice a week but I don’t think that counts.

2 Likes

But enough about DiS!

3 Likes

Climbing three nights, training one night.

Pretty much in awe of people who do things on weeknights, I need them to be quiet to recharge from the basic exhaustion of day to day life.

2 Likes

Climbing Wednesdays.
Friday night with G for special parent-daughter time (alternating craft/cooking/climbing)

Football Mondays
Football Tuesdays
Might join a running club soon but normally run either Wednesday or Thursday

It varies a lot throughout the year, and how busy I am at work. I’m either in the office until late, or if I get out of the office on time, I’ll be doing something in the evening. I can’t remember the last time that I spent an evening in just watching TV or browsing the internet.

There are no regular, weekly, commitments that I have to go to - I have a few monthly meetings, but no weeknight sports clubs these days or ferrying kids around. I do most of the cooking in the evenings as I’m usually the first one home.

Hockey club committee stuff has been taking up a lot of time recently (couple of nights a week and full days at the weekend), but that can be done from home and should quieten down now that the season has started.

We try and get out to a gig or to the cinema once a week if we can.

If I have a free evening, I tend to get on with house admin/DIY stuff.

Started Japanese classes on Mondays yesterday and have a monthly book club which is usually on a Tuesday

I go away so much for work that there’s no point scheduling regular weeknight stuff, I’m already gonna have to miss like 6 Japanese classes this year

I had a definite one in Russian lessons for most of this year. I have no idea how people can commit to things regularly. It was such a pain in the arse (although it would have been less so if I hadn’t been getting a train and then walking 20 mins to get to the adult education centre…).

I would usually include watching TV shows at the same time as my best friend as a commitment because he’s totally isolated and it’s our thing to make him feel less alone. But recently I’ve been hyper busy and when I’ve specifically left evenings free to watch shows with him, he’s fallen asleep because of his meds. I think it’s probably really cutting him up as he needs it more than ever, but his issues are too much for me to deal with ATM

So I guess 0.

Volunteering, climbing wall, life drawing, french classes, book club

are just some of the things I’ve considered started doing on weeknights but cba.

7 Likes

Not commitments but enjoy filling my evenings with theatre, cinema etc. Only have 1 night in per week, any more and I go a bit loopy.

Alright you big bunch of Craig Davids.

posting

Horses normally twice a week, film club admin just… sometimes.

I have more stuff but I don’t work set daytime hours so some of it would def count as daytime stuff.

Save it for Thursday!

1 Like

Here’s my son on some sort of ancient Norwegian breed that I have forgotten the name of.

1 Like

A Norse?

4 Likes

band practise on Tuesdays

in my house so minimal effort :+1: