Weezer

If it were a Billy Corgan release it would inherently have worth.

1 Like

Iā€™ll eat my words the day we get Shiny and Oh So Bright, Vol. 2: Donā€™t Step to Me, Donā€™t Step to Me, Donā€™t Step to Me, Bitch

Dude, he already released Being Beige and some other rubbish guffbag tracks

Still possibly better than everything Weezer has done post-Pinkerton and lightyears beyond anything post-Maladroit. Itā€™s a nice little song. Itā€™s pretty. It doesnā€™t rely on, ā€œoh my, the nerds are cursing, how ironic!ā€

Itā€™s all a matter of opinion I guess. I think Weezer at this point is artistically bankrupt, which is totally fine - good for them for continuing to have fun and make money, Iā€™d 100% do the same - Iā€™m fascinated more than anything by the way everything they do is news and how many chances people give them. Iā€™m sure Everclear has covered a song and has put out a few bad albums over the past 18 years, and no oneā€™s writing articles about it or speculating whether the next one will be a return to form.

Having brought them up now, can you imagine if Everclear had put this out, just swapping in Artā€™s voice? Or 311 with Nick / SA sharing vocals? If mentioned at all, it would be mentioned as a joke.

1 Like

sorry to get dragged in here, but better than anything since Pinkerton?

1 Like

Dunno, sounds very Dave Sitek to me, albeit a bit of a bargain bucket version

More bemused by the pairing than the sound.

I think so, but Iā€™ll admit that Hash Pipe is a legitimately great song, and American Gigolo, Take Control, and Burndt Jamb are at the very least good. Itā€™s still funny to me how when Hash Pipe came out, so many Weezer fans freaked out because it didnā€™t fit the ā€œRivers is bearing his soulā€ narrative and said the rest of the album had to be better, and then somehow convinced themselves it was the worst song on the album.

New single, album out March 1st, London gig in June

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155596056062273&id=20355427272

Donā€™t actually hate this

this is terrible

1 Like

iā€™m calling it, the black album is going to be their worst yet

4 Likes

that really is appallingly bad. Like a Beiber B-side.

To think I came THIS CLOSE to getting a Weezer tattoo back just before The Green Album came out :ā€˜ā€™')

10 Likes

This is a 48 year old man pandering to the ā€œOMG zombiesā€ crowd.

1 Like

is it just me or are they releasing like 2 albums a year these days

1 Like

Theyā€™ve done four albums in five years, after a 4 year gap between Hurley and Everything Will Be Alright In the End. Thereā€™s no inbetween with them. Prolific streak or big pause.

1 Like

He wrote every song on thus record on a piano apparentlyā€¦ can u imagine

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to picture it and it might just be the most embarrassing thing I can think of.

1 Like

if Weezer disbanded after Pinkerton but Rivers kept writing songs, after which point could they have a released a comeback album that was great all the way through?

interesting to wonder the same thing about Oasis