Weezer

6 Likes

might be the sun and the four day weekend vibes, but this has got me in quite a state at my desk

2 Likes

Couldn’t be bothered to read 542 posts but imagine they all said blue and pinkerton are masterpieces and everything else can get in the bin.

On a side note, was anyone here a weezer boardie? I was. 2000-2005/6 forget when the first boards died. Riversisforevergod. I was 14 so no hating.

2 Likes

White and Everything Will Be Alright In The End are great too imho

3 Likes

Excellent albums. Gave them a listen yesterday. 20 years apart each from Blue / Pinkerton and they’re the 3rd and 4th best Weezer imo

4 Likes

Blue is 25 years old next week.

25!

Are we having a party?

No, and you’re not allowed to throw one

My sis has bought me and her tickets to go see them in London as a surprise

Im kinda dreading it tbh, i mean i was only playing “My name is Jonas” on guitar while relaxing on the couch and shes like “That’s really really good, who is it?”

For the next week and a half she sends me links to the teal album and then tell me shes bought us tickets to the show

I mean she means well but im gonna have to sit down with her and go through a few things/ground rules

4 Likes

Awww shes just excited to have a common interest/bond is all
Thats really sweet. And they play a lot of their classic material so don’t dread and for fuck sake lad don’t lay down ground rules!

7 Likes

He must lay down the ground rules. She needs to know the truth.

4 Likes

If you have any love at all for the first 2 albums then you’re going to have a lovely time at a Weezer gig, no worries

1 Like

Blue came out 25 years ago today. Hands down my favourite album of all time…

4 Likes

I remember putting this on a cassette with ‘Dookie’ on the other side. Must have played it to death.

I saw them 2 years ago and tbf they’re still great live and still play the hits from first couple albums, aye you might have to sit through a few shiters but it will be worth it to get to the gold

Fan ep, it’s better than anything they’ve put out post pinkerton