6. King of the World
  7. Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori
  8. LA Girlz
  9. Jacked Up
  10. Endless Bummer
5 Likes

Great minds joke alike

1 Like

Mad if they’re still up for that, haven’t seen Green Day in about 15 years but it was a regular fixture then. If I could choose the setlist, would have a great time at these shows tbh.

Coincidentally just listened to their new song to see what they sound like in 2019 and it is: The Hives

edit: doing that, should read

Yep, fully onboard for an entire album of Van halen guitars and Rivers choruses.

1 Like

This new weezer song…is…good

5 Likes

Well there’s a whole album coming, and it’s called “Van Weezer” soooo

3 Likes

not out til May, which is just insane

1 Like

Makes me wonder if they’ve even written it tbh

3 Likes

They did write something on IG about that date possibly being brought forward though. It has to, surely?

Absolutely bloody love it. Perfect Weezer combination of pop metal, killer hooks, unbelievable neediness, zany theme, disarming sincerity and slight creep-factor. 100% back on board.

7 Likes

Fuck, this is really good

2 Likes

Right?!?

I’m gonna be the dissenting voice and say I don’t like it. I’m sure history will prove me to be right.

6 Likes

I think it’s fine. It’s nice to hear some familiar style Weezer, but it’s a bit bright and not tonnes better than Make Believe, like it would be the best song on there, but having thankfully forgotten wht that sounds like, I’d imagine it’d fit.

Think they’ve done suck a great job of setting the bar so low with the last two albums that people reflexively think this is good and a return to form.

2 Likes

I think an appreciation for cheesy 80s metal plays a part also…

Absolutely.

High time Rivers got the old band back together:

avantgarde

1 Like

I had to give up after about a minute. It’s bad.