Weezer

I’m afraid to chip in, in case you change your mind again.

1 Like

DO IT

2 Likes

OK, I’m going in…

This really is an emotional roller… oh, beaten to it.

3 Likes

This is an enjoyable pop record with a couple of really nice introspective moments that elevate above the cheesy weezer which is by in large what you get here

I like it. Like how the album flows. Strong hooks… production is too clean

3 Likes

I loved the white album and am legitimately excited for Van Weezer. Reckon OK Human is probably a grower

Definitely feels like a continuation of Pacific Daydream and The Black Album, but with a much more distinct and cohesive vision.

Not sure if they’re that much longer but I don’t think I managed to get all the way through Black or Pacific Daydream even once. This one feels like a breeze in comparison. On my 4th listen now and enjoyng it a lot. Instantly feels like it’ll slot nicely into the White / EWBAITE tier of Weezer albums…

3 Likes

I like this one. Unlike a lot of people I actually liked Pacific Daydream too, but The Black Album is pretty irredeemable.

1 Like

I haven’t liked anything since maladroit, but I’m really enjoying this on first listen! Doesn’t sound like Weezer… which is probably a good thing at this point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aloo GobI is my personal early favourite. All My Favourite Songs has really grown on me too.

1 Like

The first 4 tracks work really well together

It gets a tad shakier after that but really like those first 4

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely a very ‘singles at the front’ album and then a bit of a shift in tone. Perfectly pleasant throughout though.

numbers is great - just imagine kermit the frog sat there singing the verse to himself.

3 Likes

Numbers is deffo my fav. Its the most heartfelt of the bunch

2 Likes

I’ve had a few drinks and listened to this more than ten times and I’m properly belting along to this now.

2 Likes

I love “Here Comes The Rain”. It’s so simple it’s almost insulting. It sounds like you could have written it in five minutes. But you didn’t and Rivers did.

2 Likes

Gut is saying:

Blue
Pinkerton
White
OK Human
EWBAITE
Red
Raditude
Black
Maladroit
Hurley
Green
Make Believe
Pacific Daydream

Though the demos have in some way nullified album rankings completely

You’re probably right but the gap between Pinkerton and all the others is huge.

1 Like

There is a gulf between Pinkerton and the rest but White floats somewhere in the gulf

2 Likes