Weezer

A song so nice they put it on 2 albums

It’s not shit… or particularly great… it’s just ‘meh’.

fence sitting is worse than shit :kissing_heart:

This is a very #hipster opinion, but the MFSL vinyl reissue of green really opens up the production. It also cuts a chunk out of Hash Pipe though, so swings & roundabouts.

*three (there’s a live version on Make Believe)

1 Like

another piece of shit.

1 Like

another piece of shit.

1 Like

Strong candidate for worst ever drip-fed series of songs from a yet to be released album. 4 (?) absolute turds.

1 Like

New album is going to be a real stinker even by their post 2000 standards isn’t it?

Setlists for the tour so far look like they’ll be fun, basically just all the singles.

Hey Ya cover as well…

Going to be my first Weezer gig, inexplicably, next week. Still too many new honkers on there for me.

Weezer are gearing up to be the first band ever to release one of the best, followed by one of the worst, albums of the year in consecutive years. If nothing else, that’s a novel achievement.

3 Likes

Completely true. Reminds me of one the best descriptions I’ve ever heard about Weezer (I think it was the AV Club): The worst ever band to have ever released two of the best ever guitar pop albums.

Incidentally, I’ve been listening to this to review for DiS, and can confirm it’s an absolute turd. The singles are as good as it gets folks. (Apart from a song called QB Blitz which is sort of catchy). The run of songs towards the end are probably the worst they’ve ever done IMO.

2 Likes

Christ :cry:

I saw them at the weekend and for all the shite, it was made up for by the hits. Hey Ya was quite faithful, so it was pretty good but also very weird

I worry that you’re right. Still looking forward to the gig next week.

oh, me too. it’s my birthday and I’m hoping for All The Bangers

Unsurprisingly this is right down their with their lower tier albums. Probably the most mediocre thing they’ve done. Not much in the way of highs or lows.