Weezer

1st song is good. Dont let that fool you

2 Likes

Raditude has really good songs and then also the two absolute worst Weezer songs:

Good Weezery songs:

If You’re Wondering
Put Me Back Together
Tripping Down The Freeway
I Don’t Want To Let You Go
Run Over By A Truck
Prettiest Girl

Really cringe but good melodies

I’m Your Daddy
The Girl Got Hot
Let It All Hang Out

Completely forgettable

In The Mall
Get Me Some
The Underdogs

The absolute nadir

Can’t Stop Partying
Love Is The Answer

1 Like

12 years later and I’m still defending Raditude, what’s wrong with me

1 Like

I quite like “In The Mall”. And agree that the lyrics rather than the melodies are the problem with a lot of the other songs.

Bottom of the pack a decade ago but positively mid- table now. Crazy.

1 Like

Ok I listened to van weezer, I really liked some of it, some of it was plodding nothingness.
Think this is pretty standard for any album from a band 25 years+ into their career. (Feel the same about ok human).

Will listen again tonight

Don’t know it anyone here got the vinyl, but there is a hidden track “Thrown it all Away” which is great, there also a reprise verse of Need Some of That with Ric Ocasek singing which is a nice touch and he was such an important guy for the band.

1 Like

Have to listen a bit more before doing an official rankings, but this is definitely better than I was expecting. Maybe hurt a little bit because OK Human was so good (IMO) but if this album came straight after PD / Black*, it would have felt a lot more like a return to good Weezer.

I actually liked the Black album but know I’m an outlier there.

Read the Ric Ocasek verse was suppose to be in the actual song but they couldn’t get clearence from his record company in time ,which is a shame that would have added a nice touch to that song , especially in light of his passing.

they also gave Ok Human 0.1 higher than Black.

So it goes 5.7, 5.8, 5.9… gotta be deliberate, surely.

Remains my favourite weezer album!

Actually enjoying van weezer much more than any other recent weezer release. Reminds me of green in some ways

2 Likes

Apart from the absolute clunkers, better than I remember.

2 Likes

Also mildly improved if you replace the biggest clunker with this slightly less clunky version of said clunker

1 Like

Tunewise most of this album is fine, it’s just the horrendous lyrics…

2 Likes

The Official Sheeldz List

1. Pinkerton
  2. Blue Album
  3. Everything Will Be All Right in the End
  4. White Album
  5. Green Album
  6. OK Human
  7. Death to False Metal

Don’t Exist

1. Maladroit
  2. Red Album
  3. Black Album
  4. Make Believe
  5. Teal Album
  6. Pacific Daydream
  7. Hurley
  8. Raditude
1 Like

As an aside, I was certain that Death to False Metal was considered a full album when it was released - when did it downgraded?

Always been considered an odds and sods collection rather than a studio album proper as far I can remember. I never include it ( or Teal) in my rankings - but each to their own.

River Cuomo called it their ninth album back when it came out. I guess they then downgraded it when EWBAITE came out. The Wikipedia archives backs this up, there’s load of chat on their about whether it is or isn’t.

I’m sure Rivers does but this definitely wasn’t the narrative around it at the time - It was marketed very much a a compilation. It’s working title was literally Odds and Ends.

How the hell did I not know this version existed until today? I think I prefer it to the version on deluxe Blue…

1 Like