Weezer

Oh, I absolutely was down for that and based on The End of the Game semi-thought that’s what we were getting. It’s throwaway fun but it’s still much better than anything else they’ve done since the white album bar OK Human

The producer choice alone was weird and that begets the overall sound of the album being completely at odds with what the guitars are doing imo

Sheila Can Do It is a win. Absolutely love that ‘If I feel my heart is being watered down’ lyric and melody. 96/97 was an amazing songwriting period for Rivers.

Back on it!

Blue
Pinkerton
White
OK Human
EWBAITE
Maladroit
Red
Van Weezer
Black
Raditude
Green
Make Believe
Hurley
Pacific Daydream

A big bump for Maladroit from 9th to 6th. Hurley demoted to 2nd worst as well as I’ve realised there’s only three songs I actually like on it.

1 Like

The order of the top few is similar to mine, but then Green, Hurley and Pacific Daydream are much higher for me. Black and Raditude at the bottom.

1 Like

Publish full list immediately

Incidentally, I watched a set they did for IHeartRadio in the US, and Rivers confirmed they’ll be releasing the four “seasons” albums next year, on the first day of each.

In other news, I’m trying to guess what Pitchfork will score Van Weezer. I reckon it’ll be 4 point something.

I have high hopes for these with Jake Sinclair at the helm. Doesn’t feel like a coincidence that the guy is responsible for two of their more indisputably good albums. The best of playlist from those is going to be top notch.

1 Like

Blue
Pinkerton
White
EWBAITE
OK Human
Green
Maladroit
Van Weezer
Pacific Daydream
Hurley
Red
Make Believe
Black
Raditude

2 Likes

My van weezer record arrived days ago, can’t be bothered to play it yet

They’ve given it one point higher than OK Human. The text of the review is actually pretty positive.

Much better list

1 Like

Pacific Daydreamin would be way lower on mine. Just a smidge above Raditude which is one of the worst albums ever conceived by anyone ever

1 Like

Publish full list immediately

Blue
White
Pinkerton
OK Human
EWBAITE
Green
Maladroit
Van Weezer
Red
Hurley
Make Believe
Black
Pacific Daydreamin
Nails on chalkboard
Boris Johnston press conference

Raditude

4 Likes

Laughter emoji at those last three.

I think I’m going to have to put Raditude on today to remind myself whether it’s as bad as we all recall. I very much suspect it is.

1st song is good. Dont let that fool you

2 Likes

Raditude has really good songs and then also the two absolute worst Weezer songs:

Good Weezery songs:

If You’re Wondering
Put Me Back Together
Tripping Down The Freeway
I Don’t Want To Let You Go
Run Over By A Truck
Prettiest Girl

Really cringe but good melodies

I’m Your Daddy
The Girl Got Hot
Let It All Hang Out

Completely forgettable

In The Mall
Get Me Some
The Underdogs

The absolute nadir

Can’t Stop Partying
Love Is The Answer

1 Like

12 years later and I’m still defending Raditude, what’s wrong with me

1 Like

I quite like “In The Mall”. And agree that the lyrics rather than the melodies are the problem with a lot of the other songs.