Weezer

Find it so intriguing how in some ways Weezer are bigger than ever, look at where they’re sitting on these festival lineups

How on earth are they pulling this off 30 years in?

1 Like

That last one is absolutely delightful, a 90s American rock version of those festivals you get here in smaller cities that are 90% landfill indie and reformed Britpop acts. You’ve even got the singers from defunct bands doing solo sets down the bill!

1 Like

They’ve got such a big bag of hits to pull from ,so perfect for festivals, as they can do a 60 min set just packed with songs that most people there will be familiar, so perfect for festivals.

I’d be the only person there disappointed they didn’t pull out some deep cuts.

That covers album did a lot for them so thats the 3rd generation theyve had a hit with so theyve refreshed their audience again

Even in the streaming age I find it astonishing that they still haven’t put out a Greatest Hits or a singles compilation of some sort. I own all their albums but I’d still buy it in a heartbeat.

They released their own syteaming platform instead. Is that not enough

Looking at those line ups, the worst I’d place them would be a one or two places down in terms of “size” of the bands. None of them are really making any effort to appeal to younger audiences either.

Hard to deny they’ve had strangely enduring popularity though. I think their singles still do very well on alt rock radio in the US…

Edit. Also interesting how I thought OK Human was the album everyone cared about last year, and Van Weezer went by more or less unnoticed, but the charts say something very different. Think the US “classic” alt rock sphere is it’s own strange world…

Ironically OK Human had the big single. “All my favorite songs” got alot of airplay and nominated for a Grammy.

1 Like

I loved OK Human. I’d have loved Van Weezer if the second side had been as good as the first.

2 Likes

Who is going to bite the bullet and listen to 5 hours of this?

Totally

2 Likes
4 Likes

So they’re EPs now huh? Reckon there’s still time to bargain them down to 4x singles?

Ha! To be fair you have a point, it was a plan for them to be albums so if they’ve decided to exercise some quality control that’s hopefully a good thing.

You’ve posted a Lumineers song by accident

4 Likes

Rivers Cuomo hates us all.

think Maladroit is their best album at this point

Not exciting. Then again, I didn’t think much of All My Favourite Songs when I first heard it and OK Human was great.

I have it middle of the pack the pack when it comes to Weezer lead singles:

Hash Pipe
Sweater Song
El Scorcho
Pork & Beans
Beverly Hills
Thank God for Girls
All my Favorite Songs
End of the Game
Back to the Shack
Little Bit of Love
Dope Nose