Weezer

There’s an upcoming 4CD compilation of bands covering tracks from the Metallica’s black album. Weezer have covered Enter Sandman for it. Even as someone who still likes new Weezer records, I’m not sure this will work very well. :slight_smile:

It’s just going to be a completely sterile Xerox isn’t it? Not sure I’ve enjoyed a cover by them since Velouria a couple of decades ago……

2 Likes

Tempted to ask for this if it’s not too much effort (was going to PM but your profile is private). I’m curious and will never go through the sessions myself. No bother if its a pain to do

4 albums out next year, apparently. All sound not very good (dance-rock Weezer, anyone??)…

“I guess I’ve had a lot of time on my hands so I wrote four albums that we’ll put out next year,” Cuomo said. “It’s called Seasons , and each album comes out on the first day of the season. Spring is kind of like happy chill. And then we move through to dance rock, like a Strokes-style album for the fall, and then sad acoustic, Elliott Smith-style for winter.”

A quadrilogy of albums, you say? Has anyone tried that since Cuomo’s favourite rock group, Kiss, in 1978?

Oh god no

2 Likes

I like Weezer old and new, but have always found their covers pointless because they try and do a note-for-note replication every time.

2 Likes

Whats going on with the over produced to fuck vocals

Although having now listened in full, I note that they’ve added a Green Album solo and a fairly daft in-joke…