Weezer

Via P4K

Long ago, Rivers Cuomo basically split Weezer into two different bands. One of them puts out experimental albums (Pinkerton, Maladroit, The Red Album, etc.), and the other puts out commercially-minded records (The Green Album, Make Believe, etc).

Not sure this is a thing. Would have accepted “Long ago, Rivers Cuomo basically split Weezer into two different bands. One of them made Blue and Pinkerton, and the other didn’t.”

The Greatest Man That Ever Lived >>>>>> everything else Weezer have done post-Maladroit

although what is kinda amazing about this is:

1. IT’S ALMOST TEN YEARS OLD
  2. In that time, the concept of the “youtube sensation” which this is based on is pretty much defunct, replaced by dank memes. Weird how technology/capitalism moves on huh

That song is so poor

experimental :smiley:

my review. i’m calling it the worst album they’ve done. we all on board with that?

feel like a dodged a bullet reviewing this one haha

‘worst album they’ve ever done’

4/10

… you think far too highly of Raditude.

No way. More on the p4k line of thinking that it’s just a totally mediocre effort - probably about as poor as Make Believe. Not a total carcrash ala Hurley / Raditude.

Blue/Pink >>> Green/Maladroit > EWBAITE/White > Red >>>> Make Believe/Pacific Daydream >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurley/Raditude

Yeah, 4/10 is too generous for sure. I’m a softie. But Red is worse than Raditude :slight_smile:

I’ve turned a corner on this after a few listens this morning. The lyrics are undeniably shit and it doesn’t sound like White Album Weezer let alone the Weezer of old but, fuck me, it’s full of hooks and earworms.

Better than Raditude, Hurley and Make Believe.

Hurley is alright! I put it way above the massively overrated Everything Will Be Alright…

there’s a lot of nonsense in this thread about what weezer were or represented and what they are now. The truth is Rivers Cuomo died sometime around 2001/2002. Maladroit is a combination of some b sides and unrecorded stuff that was leftover from the green album and earlier. It then explains the sudden downturn in quality, as the songs became crafted by a writing team,hastily assembled by record label dollar chasers, songs like “Beverley Hills” “I’m your daddy” “I dont want to let you go”? starting to make sense? They literally called an album “Make Believe”!!. They are laughing at us! Ever wondered why rivers looks so much like he used to when younger, like TOO much like himself for a 47 year old…because it isn’t him! Robots? lets not get carried away, but we don’t know. The evidence is all there

The BNE makes it into The Guardian, and other conspiracy theories

www.weezerneverexisted.com

Hurley haa Unspoken so its not bottom

Ah well, here goes. It’s in the CD player and it starts with the good song…

OK… seven tracks in and it’s not that bad. Come at me.

Only two good songs on Blue, and Beverley Hills is gash.

Just…gonna put that opinion…over HERE!!11

Going to my first Weezer gig tonight so I had a look at the set list - mostly Blue, bit of Pinkerton and Green plus assorted other hits. Pretty relieved tbh, just hoping they’ll stick to that. Ash are really good for playing the hits and mainly old stuff so tonight should be a fun nostalgia hit.