Weezer

experimental :smiley:

4 Likes

my review. i’m calling it the worst album they’ve done. we all on board with that?

1 Like

feel like a dodged a bullet reviewing this one haha

‘worst album they’ve ever done’

4/10

… you think far too highly of Raditude.

No way. More on the p4k line of thinking that it’s just a totally mediocre effort - probably about as poor as Make Believe. Not a total carcrash ala Hurley / Raditude.

Blue/Pink >>> Green/Maladroit > EWBAITE/White > Red >>>> Make Believe/Pacific Daydream >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurley/Raditude

Yeah, 4/10 is too generous for sure. I’m a softie. But Red is worse than Raditude :slight_smile:

I’ve turned a corner on this after a few listens this morning. The lyrics are undeniably shit and it doesn’t sound like White Album Weezer let alone the Weezer of old but, fuck me, it’s full of hooks and earworms.

Better than Raditude, Hurley and Make Believe.

Hurley is alright! I put it way above the massively overrated Everything Will Be Alright…

www.weezerneverexisted.com

3 Likes

Hurley haa Unspoken so its not bottom

Ah well, here goes. It’s in the CD player and it starts with the good song…

OK… seven tracks in and it’s not that bad. Come at me.

1 Like

Only two good songs on Blue, and Beverley Hills is gash.

Going to my first Weezer gig tonight so I had a look at the set list - mostly Blue, bit of Pinkerton and Green plus assorted other hits. Pretty relieved tbh, just hoping they’ll stick to that. Ash are really good for playing the hits and mainly old stuff so tonight should be a fun nostalgia hit.

1 Like

That was pretty much gig of the year, I think.

Yup.

1 Like

Fivers

no idea why they still keep trying to ‘break the mainstream’ again two decades in. fucking give up.

Tonight was great, 8 songs from Blue and opened with El Scorcho. Ash were on good form too.

1 Like

Aren’t they just, like, making records and playing gigs and that?

3 Likes