Weird (Brilliant) Games That You Play On Your Own

i like to put my music on shuffle and see how quickly i can name each song without looking

4 Likes

There’s also a great game for pissing just after you’ve had a shit. I call it ‘The Cleaner’.

Same principle, but yelling ‘Eddie’ as if he’s your mate

Went on a road trip to Edinburgh and was absolutely destroyed in this game

Used to play this with a friend on the bus to school, with bonus mockery when they couldn’t get it. Though back then I think the tiny MP3 player capacity did make it a lot easier

^bloody love playing this on rural car journeys

Similar to the music thing - waiting till the seconds hand on a clock gets to 12, then looking away and trying to look back again when it’s at 12 again. Works for trying to get to sleep and meetings.

You’re welcome.

4 Likes

Sometimes when I do the Aldi shop I’ll take out £40 in cash and try to get the shop for as close to it as possible. Score a point for every penny over £38, lose a point for every penny under. Lose and reset my running points total if I have to pay on card

3 Likes

Individual game record: ÂŁ39.67 (167 points)
Record running total: 433 points
Current total: 0 points (spent ÂŁ42.45 today. disappointing)

7 Likes

Spent hours of my life as a child with my first watch trying to stop the timer on exactly 10:00 seconds. Felt like such a boss when I managed it.

2 Likes

This is next level…

How on earth do you cope with the stress at the checkout? I mean, it’s already enough that Sue is firing eggs and microwavable rice at you at 400mph while you try in vain to get it all bagged… Can’t imagine having the added pressure of this too.

Or is it a case of ‘the game is done’ by that point and really the checkout is actually just the agonising wait at the judges’ table?

Still too much imo.

Open Microsoft Paint, pick a medium/small brush size, manually colour in the entire page within two minutes without taking my finger off the mouse button and without missing any bits and then checking afterwards using the magnifying tool if I missed any bits.

2 Likes

You’ve got to use the self-checkout at Lidl and Aldi, otherwise it’s speed-bagging as they chuck food at you. On the self-checkout they leave you alone until you’re done

Ofc the game then is making all your shopping into a pleasing pyramid in the bagging area, standing back for applause from your fellow shoppers, then dismantling and bagging it in the most stylish way possible.

spent one summer working at my mates uncles greengrocers. loved driving round in the van with my mate playing this

bagging at the checkout at aldi is a mugs game, youve got to just put it back in your basket and bag at the side. those are the rules, everyone hates you for not playing by them

1 Like

No self checkout at my Aldi. Just bung it back in the trolley then go to the side and sort out the bagging, obviously

What! Omg soon they’ll just fling your shopping straight into the car park once you’ve paid #brokenbritain

1 Like

Have you ever not bought a product in order to boost your score, or does it not affect your shopping habits?

I try not to let it affect me but I’m sure on some level it does

After a supermarket shop of a reasonable size, try to remember the cheapest item, most expensive item, best multibuy discount saving, and have a guess at the number of items. Works best as two player quizmaster and contestant thing. Not a million miles away from Brydon & Coogan guessing the bills in The Trip.