Weird covers

Discovered this today

1 Like

Thanks to the Ian Brown thread I discovered he put a cover of this on his last album, a late 60s one hit wonder about humanity’s doomed future

Fun Loving Criminals have just released a new covers album (at last!).

It’s got a cover Whiter Shade of Pale on it. It’s… got to be heard to be believed really…

Others delights include Warning by Biggie and Mary Jane’s Last Dance.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Divine Comedy doing Queens of the Stone Age? Yes please

8 Likes

This swinging 60’s version of Paranoid.

1 Like
2 Likes

This is both odd and genuinely great

3 Likes

I maintain that it’s better than the original

Thursday did cover of Sigur Ros ‘ny batteri’ as the bside to ‘Signals over the air’ 7", but no links on the internet.

Is pretty good

Also, just remembered that this happened…

1 Like

The Smashing Pumpkins’ live cover of Once In a Lifetime by The Talking Heads is unrecognizable from the original and infinitely better. Wait until he starts screaming the verses, it’s amazing.

3 Likes

:lying_face:

13 Likes

One of these two assertions is correct.

7 Likes

NO

4 Likes

I figure if I keep posting it, one day someone will like it (probably not). I never liked the original, but hearing that live back in 2000 was like getting hit with a toxic sludge wave, it was incredible. Usually his covers are really beautiful, so it was a neat and interesting twist hearing him go so ugly and guttural. I wish I could scream like that.

Love this. Moroders vocal reminds me of shaun ryder, pure satanic sleaze. Wipes the floor with the original too.

Love the original but also love this