šŸ¦ šŸš½ Weird stuff you get advertised that isn't from Wish šŸŒ šŸ„Ø

I keep getting adverts what I can only describe as ā€˜technical chinosā€™.

Absolutely hideous as you can imagine, designed by people who think what people really want is a pair of Rohan walking trousers tailored as chinos for the half-mast, white socks and boat shoes fashion brigade*.

*I guess this hasnā€™t been in fashion for about 15 years so it figures to aim at that lucrative 35 year old Accenture drone man market.

I fucking love this

Itā€™s supposed to be some kind of ergonomic wrist wrest, but I canā€™t figure out how it would do anything other than annoy you at best and injure you at worst

1 Like

I kind of assumed the mouse was broken and awaiting repair and those bits had fallen off the underside of it. Which, thinking about it, is a bit odd in an advert

1 Like

I just assumed it was bits of broken pottery and disregarded it for some reason

2 Likes

Does anyone else keep getting adverts from ā€œMetalbirdā€ on Facebook?

Some shitty metal cutout of a bird you hammer into a tree, yet itā€™s being advertised like itā€™s some revolutionary product that will make you weep tears of joy. Absolutely bizarre.

4 Likes

Yes. Constantly.

2 Likes

Also an excellent gift for archaeologists then as well.

1 Like

This sounds insanely stupid but now I want one :smiley:

Oh, I had in my mind something that lay flat against the bark. This is less interesting.

(Iā€™ve just realised this one of those things a certain type of person you know gives you. They are the person who ALWAYS buys something they think is really cool but is something you hate.)

How do you know my parents?

1 Like

The adverts are all like ā€œgive a truly meaningful gift this yearā€ and itā€™s like buddy, this is garden centre impulse buy tat, Iā€™d rather have a fucking gnome.

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 10.58.15

Ceramic demon full of gin everywhere today

2 Likes

Luxury brand name

1 Like

I signed up to o e these called ā€˜On that Assā€™ as you got a free pair. The boxers are good butā€¦

They have ā€˜on that assā€™ in big letters along the band.

I cannot pull that off.

3 Likes

Could get some Victorian workhouse orphan pants instead. Really treat yourself.

3 Likes

Just saw ā€˜Fromeā€™ on Facebook. Utterly WTF

Frames from movies are condensed into stripes of colors that represent a certain part of the scene in chronological order.

:smiley:

2 Likes

The name is irksome, but I quite like the concept? Like having any generic abstract art that you can just buy at IKEA, but with a story behind it.

My tech-minded friend rigged up something in a similar vein, heā€™s set up one of those digital photo frames to play back a film incredibly slowly, like over the length of a week, in black and white:

4 Likes

An ideal gift to haunt a friend and make them think theyā€™re losing their mind.

5 Likes

The Mezzotint by MR James comes to mind.

Okay Facebook, Iā€™m not sure what this is all about

(Binned them off as ā€˜irrelevantā€™ as per.)

1 Like