Weird things men do

Pee in hotel kettles

1 Like

Spit before taking a piss at pub toilets. Well at least pre-covid that was a common thing.

I remember having a mask on the first time I went to the pub loos when pubs reopened and spat into my mask accidentally as I was on autopilot.

10 Likes

Northern monk in leeds has gender neutral bogs and they’ve had to put signs up basically saying “men close the doors”

2 Likes

Said this in another thread, but competitive listing is the one that gets me. Lots of men are unable to converse if it means asking empathetic questions, so they just relate what someone has said to an experience of their own. If Man A says he’s going to France, Man B won’t say “Oh, that’s, nice, are you looking forward to it?”, they’ll say “I’m going to x” or tell an anecdote about when they themselves went to France.

15 Likes

Walk round their gardens for charity

10 Likes

Start a podcast

4 Likes

I know I do this a lot and it’s definitely something I try not to do, but it’s so baked into my brain it’s hard to combat.

More than able to take part in a proper conversation but it’s so easy to accidentally fall back into what you’ve described. Not the oneupmanship bit, but just the “listing things at each other”

4 Likes

Whistling/humming while walking alone in public

Sometimes charming, sometimes terrifying, always weird

1 Like

Ah yes, the Elevenerife phenomenon.

4 Likes

Just been whistling on the balcony.

Yeah, my mate has that even worse

7 Likes

That’s nice, what were you whistling?

1 Like

would buy a pin badge with this on!

1 Like

That new 3 piece that are always on 6 music with the girl bassist that are shit. Their famous one

Same.

I try setting myself a rule that I ask someone three things about what they’ve said before telling them about my thing.

Perhaps it’s not only men who do this, but they certainly do it a lot more. Holidays is a mild example, it’s even worse when it’s car or pay-related.

7 Likes

Bang their knee on the damn sideboard!

1 Like

Jj72?

1 Like

I do this when I feel like I might be invading someone’s personal space at the urinal

No krungbayern or something like that

Spit at them?