Weird World Championships near you (lol, whacky)

World Conker Championships
https://www.worldconkerchampionships.com/

World Pea Shooting Championships

Not a lot to do in Cambridgeshire/Northamptonshire, alright??

thought so

If anyone’s near Roseville, Minnesota this weekend, the final (official) Android: Netrunner world championship is this weekend.

You’re welcome.

Will be fascinating to see who picks up that one of a kind playmat this year!

I hope it’s someone who I’ve lost to in the past, so I can feel better about myself for having lost to a world champion.

Actually I really just hope it’s not an American.

The Hallaton Bottle Kicking:

A largely pointless medieval sport which thousands of people go along to watch every year. I’ve been to watch it once. Found it boring. Couldn’t have a drink as I was driving. Never been back.

I accept this isn’t really a ‘World Championships’ but, um, it’s the only event of its sort in the world.

Can see Wilfy Horig back to backing it this year.

Big fan of the Wilfster. Big, big fan.

The World Water Bombing Championships

The World Coal Carrying Championships

@thewarn you get pea shooting; we get pea throwing:

http://calendarcustoms.com/articles/world-pea-throwing-chamionships/

‘home cooked food’ ‘chef’

NO!

Proud to say I live near the cheese rolling

difficult to see past gregory tongue for the title

I dunno, he’s an outsider choice for sure, but I think he might be a bit too “whacky” for the meta to go the whole way.

watching a video of netrunner and is there a reason the players are constantly shuffling their cards?

Mainly it’s a tic, but the runner frequently gets to “access” cards from the corps hand, so it’s a good way to make sure it’s randomised.

Also so you don’t give away information about how long a card has been in your hand.

bloody hell.

is wearing sunglasses to mask tells considered poor form in the community?

Yeah, you’d get laughed out of the place for that. I went to a tournament with the tail end of a migraine once and wore sunglasses between rounds because the fluorescent lights were killing me, but I still took them off for my games because nobody wants to be That Guy.