Weirdnessday Thread

Morning all!

Yesterday’s diabetes workshop was more useful but less interesting than Monday. Apparently a tray of chips is worth about eight carbohydrate portions. I incorrectly guessed six.

My eyes are sore but I’m not sure if it’s hayfever or hospital air conditioning.

I’m playing football tonight.

Hmmm… :slight_smile::frowning:

Mornin team, today is my friday, woo-hoo!!
Off to san sebastian tomorrow for 4 nights for an ATDs stag. Canny wait, although it’s a fucking pain to get to from glasgow, case of planes trains & automobiles. But fuck it.
Sun’s out here as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t think I have a preference.

Today I will be mainly trying to do lots of work and not eat really badly. Not sure how well that will go, because it’s curry day in the cafe here :confused:

Bike ride after work.

Got brought an iced coffee this morning. All downhill from here.

Morning all. (Hello).

I had a day off from everything yesterday, as on Monday night I had a bit of a naughty whoopsie in my car. Driving on the M1 (at about 85) and a big bit of tree came through my windscreen, and through my driver side front window (imagine that angle). I just managed to duck out of the way, and pull over to the hard shoulder. Reckon if I’d been going 90 that would’ve been me.

Anyway the car was all fixed up, and I have no physical problems, just shook me the fuck up. Back today anyway so you can all enjoy my inane dronings :+1:

3 Likes

fuck man, that’s crazy. good that you’re ok

2 Likes

Oof, that doesn’t sound good mate!

Pleased you’re okay and there was nothing more serious than damaged windows. Scary stuff.

1 Like

before i read the rest i was thinking ‘aye alright Mistersteve, take it to the filth thread!’

But fuck man, glad you’re ok, what a fright you must have got

what way did you decide to go in the end?

Bloody hell. Glad you’re okay!!!

that sounds like final destination

i’d be careful of any dodgy wiring on toasters / carefully balanced toolboxes etc for the next wee while if i was you

4 Likes

From a hen to a stag take my advice… beware the 4th Turkish delight cocktail :confounded: it may taste like the nectar of the gods but it is pure liquid Satan.

Apart from that, Yay!! Holiday!!

2 Likes

morning

it’s a hullo for me pls

1 Like

Hello… Hullo… It’s “Hey!” fever for me.

Morning team. Back at work after a day off yesterday to combat this cold. Must’ve worked because I sat in a pal’s garden in Hammersmith last night drinking beers and smoking the ol’cigarettes til midnight.

Bought a fan for the bedroom and used it for the first time last night. Absolute game changer #lifehack

EDIT: piling through my emails and I missed a food truck in our gated office block yesterday :persevere:

Spicing things up, eh? Assume they’re just watching and whooping from the sidelines?

6 Likes

Dipping my toe in the 3’s up waters.

Hallo alle!

The lovely weather has returned. I’ve not got much work to do today, so might go for a wander outside at some point later. That said, the boss isn’t happy with us today - He arranged a training session for the 6 of us yesterday, and we all completely forgot about it. Oops.

In other news, I have had Snoop Dogg’s ‘Gin n Juice’ as an earworm since breakfast, only with the words ‘Tea and Toast’ subbed in…

1 Like

Fly from glasgow to barca, then a 5 hour train ride to San sebastian.
Way back, bus to bibao, flight from there to barca, then barca back to glasgow.
Thank fuck for plane/bus/train beers :slight_smile: