Welcome to NEOM

Thought you meant the candles

2 Likes

Geo-engineering will maintain a pleasant temperature

2 Likes

I really don’t like stuff like this. Trying to think why but the best I can explain it is that the dissonance between a boiling country and fake air con weather outdoors just seems so dystopian, like we’ve accepted that the world will just get unbearably hot in parts and instead of tackling that, people are thinking of ways to carry on through it. Idk, I don’t like it

5 Likes

Alright, Ocean Colour Scene

2 Likes

It’s almost cartoonishly dystopian, that’s why it’s so fascinating. Earlier iterations talked about having robot gladiators, a fake moon, luminous beaches, animatronic dinosaurs mooching around. It’s insane, one of the world’s richest and most despicable men playing SimCity for real and grifting the international community to get involved. I can’t look away.

3 Likes
1 Like

I didn’t even need to click the link to know I would see McKinsey and BCG in there. The consultants of choice for volcano-dwelling, finger-tenting cacklers worldwide

I have a friend who works for McKinsey, every time I see her I ask her how Langley is this time of year, what black ops she’s currently running slush funds for, it’s a great bit and I’m sure she finds it very funny.

2 Likes

Do not spill her drink, you are definitely on a list!

The more explicitly I suggest she’s running a CIA op, the less deniability she has when some wetwork team comes through my window and makes me disappear.

1 Like

Just saw an ad for this on TV??? Why???

1 Like

New stonks millionaires

1 Like

Targeted advertising, your TV knows you’ve been reading this thread

1 Like

Knows I bought AMC stonks so assumes I’ll be equally willing to lose money on this nonsense.

Everyone’s favourite dystopian cyberpunk future city is back in the news

The renders of how it looks from the outside are amazing.

4 Likes

Hell yes

This place actually came up in a serious conversation at work last week. I don’t like it when the streams cross.

…NEOM, not DiS, thank fuck

1 Like

I sat through a town hall meeting on crypto this morning :grimacing:

NFTs were discussed in our weekly call yesterday

1 Like