"Well I figured, what the Hell"

Just watched Back To The Future, not seen it in decades. What a movie, the music score. Time travelling New Who would be proud of. Movie stands up. Big time.

12 Likes

Hot take but Back To The Future is good

Maybe there might have been a pun to be had with the clocks going back. Time travel pun, that kind of thing

1 Like

Hadn’t seen it for ages too but watched it with my 9 year old recently who absolutely loved it. Still a really fun movie.

1 Like

Have very fond memories of seeing it at an outdoor nighttime screening at uni, everyone was pissed and shouting along.

Got to the scene where he snogs his mum and everyone is yelling “Noooo!” and making vomiting noises, and just as it’s dying down a proud, lone voice from the back pipes up: “I WOULD!”

20 Likes

Very good writing and acting imo

1 Like

My daughter was born on the date they arrive in the future, this was her first Halloween costume

40 Likes

Watched the trilogy with the kids (7 and 9) last year. They loved all three :+1:

1 Like

5 Likes

Love, love, love these films. Reckon they’re like a lightning in a bottle thing with just the right casting, writing etc

3 Likes

Keep getting ads for a back to the future exhibition that looks well ropey

watched back to the future 3 about 100 times as a kid

6 Likes

The only good western

2 Likes

that’s probably true

1 Like

Never seen it

It’s pretty much a perfect film, although I do agree with Crispin Hellion Glover’s objection to the ending (equating happiness with wealth and material possessions) - which apparently lead to him not being in the sequels.

2 Likes

Quite possibly the finest film. This or Jurassic Park.

ET is also pretty great

Otherwise I largely agree