Well this is fucking shit news

https://twitter.com/MolesBath/status/1731976717403852827?t=Dh9lO64r9-qk0uFY7xk1dA&s=19

Genuinely quite gutted about this, had some of the best nights out of my life in that sticky, damp, overcrowded little hovel and saw a whole heap of amazing bands. Used to order 4 £1 vodka & cokes and an empty pint glass before they started doing Tennants.

5 Likes

Real shame this, bordering on a disgrace that it could happen. I never made the trip down to the city to go there myself, but Moles had a kind of legendary status for those of us who knew the Bath-based comics/gaming crowd via early Internet forums around 2000-2005ish.

1 Like

Bugger. Never been, but one of my favourite live LPs was recorded there. James - One Man Clapping, so I’ve known of it for decades.

1 Like

I don’t know this venue but it’s a heartbreaking read and we’ve all read way too many similar stories of amazing grassroots venues closing down.
It’s a sin.
:cry:

1 Like

A proper local institution around these parts. Despite living about 10 miles away for the past 30 odd years I only made it there a few times. A bit of a shock (despite the creeping inevitably of such things).

1 Like