Went on a date at the weekend and the girl I was with wouldn’t stop going on about Umberto Eco

numero zero

1 Like

(that’s one of his books)

(i looked it up)

5 Likes

There is nothing outside the text.

1 Like

Enjoy reading Focault’s Pendulum at Reading

ECO!

ECO!

ECO!

3 Likes

time for a coffee

2 Likes

Trousers

1 Like

You’ve earned it!

2 Likes

Might suggest Umberto for my as yet unnamed nephew

umberto eco the dolphin

2 Likes

Had the pleasure of meeting Umberto Eco at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

7 Likes

I’m not sure what the Name of the Rose is, but I’d say yours is a safe bet

Fancy coming back to mine for some wine and a few Conversations About the End of Time?

etc

you should’ve asked her earnestly if she’d read any JK Rowling

If the second date is going wrong, pray for some sudden meal based food poisoing - the eco-li type.

Just kept repeating things about yer man Umberto

Ecolalia it was

Heard she got a pretty nasty bacterial infection on the date. Or was that an eco lie?

I had a date like that, but it wasn’t just Eco she banged on about. She also wouldn’t shut up about a co-author of The Communist Manifesto, a former Director-General of the BBC and a Chinese snooker star.

Just constant Engels-Birt Umberto-Ding.

sucks air through teeth

Umberto Eco the Dolphin?

You are lucky really. After the first flame is gone out, you will have something really interesting to discuss, instead of getting bored to death. And his books are really good food for thought. I started one decades ago and went after every book of his I could get my hands on. And there are a lot. And I am not even talking about his fiction ones, like “The Name of The rose”. Which, by the way it could be the next step for you and your date, watching together.