Werewolf Game 2 - Day 5 🐺 🐺 BANISHMENT

The town of DiSVille had been lying in ruin since that fateful day the werewolves took it over. @lastdino had crawled back into the shadows and had not been seen again. Eventually the snow thawed and nature reclaimed the once prosperous berg for its own. A thick forest of ivy and weeds had taken root and now the only visitors were the kids from the neighbouring villages egged on by a dare or when they were looking for a quiet place to listen to their Radiohead albums.

That was the case until little Justin Casablancas Jr. pushed his way through the thicket one December morn clutching his new Slowdive album, yearning to hear that first dreamy clang of guitar. What he heard instead of that sweet, sweet shoegaze, was the sound of industry. Saw toothes snarled through wooden logs, hammers clunked against nails. Justin crept closer and soon realised the town was once more full of life. Gone were the weeds and the detritus, where bones of ex-villagers had been strewn on the ground, there now stood a Greggs. He may have been the only outsider to witness it, but he felt like this was the start of something special in ol’ DiSville.

J.C. Jr. was indeed the only outsider to get so close to the village as his appearance had spooked the new villagers. You see, Justin was an unfortunately hirsuite child, and having been spotted, the villagers stopped what they’d been doing and instead began building a high boundary wall, in the hopes of keeping out the dreaded Canis Lupis curse. Had they acted in time or does the furry menace already walk among them? Only time will tell.

As for the villagers from the surrounding towns? Well, good ol’ Justin was known for his loud mouth and for once he wasn’t talking about his famous father, so the outsiders gathered round to hear what he had to say…

“OI LADS! GET A LOAD OF THIS DAHN YER LUG 'OLES, YEAH? THE TOON IS REET FULL OF BAIRNS AGAIN! THAT’S PROPER BO! WE SHOULD ALL TALK ABOUT THEM TO OUR HEART’S CONTENT BUT ONLY WHEN WE’RE IN OUR OWN TOWN, YEAH? AND 'ERE, I FINK IT’D BE AWFUL CORKING OF US IF WE USED SPOILERS WHEN WE’VE GOT BARE SUSPICIONS. TRUE SAY.”

He was an odd boy. But the onlookers agreed, it was probably best to leave the DiSVille thread to the players (apart from a jovial quip here and there) but if there was anything they wanted to say that might influence the actions of the DiSvillians, then it made sense to do it quietly, in spoilers, in their own onlooker thread.

That being agreed, everyone ran to the fences and started boring little spyholes in the wood to get a good glimpse of the action.

As it was the first day of the town’s new life, the new villagers were just about to settle in and make acquaintances with their new friends and neighbours, maybe learn a bit more about each other. But after that, they would celebrate with the opportunity to banish one of their number.

9 Likes

Our cast, in the order they joined are:
@saps
@zeal
@Aggpass
@AutumnBeech
@sine_wave
@the_ravens
@Scout
@dingers
@wikihock
@Squandered
@Mert_Aksac
@Flittermouse

5 Likes

I vote Squandered and Aksac

8 Likes

:left_speech_bubble: Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary. — Margaret Cousins

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

4 Likes

Good evening townfolk.

I know you’ve heard the rumours from other people who lived nearby these woods yonder that I’m some sort of child-napping hedgewitch and the pigs I keep were once men but piffle to that. Does this pig here look like a cursed man to you? What good would i have with turning men to pigs anyway? This is the sort of brush you’re tarred with in this [undertermined] age for simply being unwed and covered in boils.

Anyway, you won’t find anything funny going on with me, I’ll just be minding my business. Please feel free to use Manfred and Herman, the pigs I mean, for all your food recycling purposes - chuck 'em a bit of potato peel over the gate and help yourself to some muck for your roses if you like.

If anyone is in the market for bacon by the way, Manfred’s on his last warning for biting and I’ve got decent enough butchering skills for an old lass.

11 Likes

Ello fellow villagers, I’ve just blown in from one of the hermit outposts, not much call for a stone mason that way but plenty to be going on with here by the looks of it. I’m a simple bot fearing man who was drawn to the warm hearth of this community by a discobot fortune that I surely interpreted correctly. I came to help build something special, used to make ends meet slaving away engraving headstones and it wasn’t just the granite getting ground down, thankfully no call for such dismal work round here and my labour and temperament is much better suited to working on things people really need, like the Greggs.

I like a peaceful nights kip and hate liars.

8 Likes

Evening all, excited to be joining all you fine bot-fearing folk in DiSville! I’m a stable hand and I know you’re thinking that ain’t a women’s kind of work but let me tell you that I ain’t never met a filly nor stallion I couldn’t win the trust of with my gentle patient nature. Do let me know if’n you’re interested in spending some time out yonder with the horses.

9 Likes

That’ll be the pigs keeping me away, I had to file their trotters earlier to make them show-ready. Not convinced they’re up to a contest but they need to pay their way somehow and I’ve got my eye on that cash prize.

5 Likes

I’ve seldom put my chisel to marble but would surely welcome the opportunity and be humbled to lend you my toil towards this vision. If your vision includes any hands and faces we may be in bother though.

5 Likes

That would be very much appreciated.

Bot bless you, Priest :pray:

4 Likes

:crystal_ball: Outlook good

8 Likes

Well now I don’t understand everything but I know a good feller when I meets one and I’m mighty glad to meet you. If’n there’s ever anything I can do fer you, I hope you’ll let me know :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Evening all, it’s me, Mertle, the local butcher/baker/candlestick maker. I spose you could call me a jack of all trades. Pleased to make your acquaintance. It’s past me bedtime if I’m honest, I’m up at dawn to get the bread on.

10 Likes

:eyes:

:thinking:

:laughing:

Goodnight DiSVille, see you all on the morrow

6 Likes

You’ll all have to speak up a bit, the clacking and the creaking of the water wheel that drives my gristmill has made me a little hard of hearing. Aye, it’s me old saps, trusted friend and supplier of fine grainflour to all (at a reasonable price, hourly adjusted by the market index).

I’m invested financially, emotionally and spiritually in the success of DiSville and with Bot’s grace we’ll thrive as a community.

Bot bless us all.

8 Likes

Good ebbing hic to all you lubberly peepl i love your all hic not that anyone ever sits n haz a drunk wi me

Town tanner here, for all yer skin treating needs. Some shay im partial to the ale but you spend all day working in that stink s’only way to get it out yer noseholes.

See you in the trunk dank on the morrow

9 Likes

Bot bless s’all course

2 Likes

Eurgh. People like you, verminous lot that you are, why should I care about the likes of you? You never cared a jot for me when I was a lad, and none of you miserable folk come out to my house on the hill.

Granted, the wooden stakes in the moat might seem a bit off-putting…

OOC: I’m going to be quite busy but will try to get involved when I can!

10 Likes

Morning all, today I’ll be doing the sames as I do everyday, off to the woods in the morning, gets me some timber, to my shop in the afternoon to care for the villages carpentry needs. Need a shelf? A bookcase? A wooden stake? I’m your guy.

8 Likes