Werewolf hermit settlement šŸ˜ šŸ«‚ šŸ‘» šŸŗ

I donā€™t make the rules. Maybe dino got confused with the similar titles and thought this was the main thread.

I have updated the thread emojis to make it a bit more distinct just in case.

Hi everyone, spectators was not an element I considered when I rushed into this without really thinking anything through. This thread wasnā€™t in existence at the start nor had I planned with how to deal with hints and suggestions. I think it would be pretty boring for everyone else if they have to watch on in silence, but I can also see how villagers could consider this thread a danger to their health.

Can we compromise that any discussion of specific players is spoilered for now? Is that ok?

In the meantime I can go off and research how this is dealt with in other forumsā€¦I mean Kingdoms :man_shrugging:

I really donā€™t want to spoil anyones fun but at the minute I donā€™t think I Have any other option and Iā€™m going to have to annoy someone/every one.

Happy to hear any other suggestions

2 Likes

Probably the best solution? Dunnoā€¦ ANYWAY got to get back to work, been really taking the piss and feeling guilty

1 Like

Tbf weā€™re pretty much just chatting based on publicly available information, so I donā€™t think itā€™s spoilers as such?

Err I mean, prithee kind lord, we are mere outcasts, whittling small wooden dolls to sell as gifts for passing strangers. We ask not for trouble.

2 Likes

Yeah, I suppose no one knew if weā€™d had inside knowledge from someone and were running our mouths.

Anyway, Iā€™m sorry for upsetting all the players. I think itā€™s a bit like when you watch football match and you donā€™t care who wins and then you discover youā€™re surrounded by big time fans of one team and they donā€™t appreciate you have no skin in the game so are just having fun!

Except weā€™ve gone into a different room and are watching it on a different screen, I guess? Tbh whenever Iā€™ve played WW thereā€™s always been a lot of people chatting shit who arenā€™t playing, so this is just it working as planned, really.

Yes now, was meaning more when I was commenting in the main thread yesterday. But still, I wasnā€™t intending to upset them in here either.

1 Like

I canā€™t stay away!

I guess I agree, itā€™s either this thread or a private dm chat but then that excludes everyone else who hasnā€™t asked to join.

All my fault for not properly considering things before we started.

Next time round Iā€™ll have proper rules in place or happily hand the running over to someone more experienced

Not sure itā€™s about experience, just one of those things.

I only saw the original game thread first, not the call for entrants so I was completely confused for the first few posts as to what was going on. Initially I thought youā€™d just randomly @'d a bunch of people :smiley:

I think in future a discussion thread and a game thread sounds fine with people asked not to post in the game thread if theyā€™re not still in the game. The only way to completely close it off is to play the entire game in a private DM chat thread I guess.

You could set up a discord for spectators to chat and not let anyone actually playing join the server

But everyone here hates discord

I think it should be fine to post in there, but staying away from the subject of which live players have which role so you donā€™t affect the game and stay broadly in some kind of character - itā€™s more of a roleplay thread than a meta one.

2 Likes

Iā€™m fine with discord but it seems a fairly over-engineered solution to just asking people not to read a particular thread!

You can mute a particular thread if you like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I am enjoying your contributions but Iā€™ve got enough werewolf scat for my garden now. :house_with_garden:

1 Like

Donā€™t think Iā€™d be taking part in the ā€˜looking at a thread on drownedinsoundā€™ discord server

5 Likes

Right guys Iā€™ve set up a Trello board

4 Likes

Good grief is there nothing this website wonā€™t try and hoover the fun out of?

1 Like

are we all just not allowed to talk about the strange, ungodly events that have taken place in yonder village? I wanna talk about yonder village!

1 Like

I think maybe Funko was referring to the discussion of the minutae of how to use a discord server etc to keep everyone in the correct lane.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s good and fun but what Theo said basically

1 Like