WFH - a polls thread

Yeah I’ve worked longer hours but not necessarily done more work

I have done that but also think how much time I would have wasted just chatting and stuff so I think it balances out

Some of the shambolic meetings I dial into do often make me feel like I must be drunk.

2 Likes

The only time I’ve been ill since last March was the week I was interviewing for a new job in October.

Does a hangover after a night in which I got so wrecked that I fractured my wrist count as being sick?

2 Likes

That sounds a great night in tbf

1 Like

At one point the other week we were having a scheduled ten minute team catchup. My boss said after that it looked like I’d been listening very intently to what another team member was saying, but in fact I was looking over the top of my laptop at the telly, where the England cricket team were losing three wickets in about as many minutes.

5 Likes

I have looked at stuff on a non-work device while sat at my desk WFH that would definitely get me fired if I got caught looking at it while sat at my desk in the office

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Dunno if I’d get fired for obviously playing Civilization VI at work. Probably not for the first offence, but after a whole day someone might have a word.

1 Like

I’m on a teams meeting right now

3 Likes

I work:

• With the radio on
  • With music on
  • With the TV on
  • Other
  • No background noise

0 voters

Music or the occasional football podcast

Mostly silence, occasionally music depending on the task (I do a lot of writing and can’t do it if I have music with lyrics on). But that’s the same as in the office.

I can’t do podcasts while working, I don’t take any of it in

3 Likes

Watched the cricket when it was on terrestrial. Watched the Tour de France last year. Will probably do the same this year, and Wimbledon too. Might experiment with developing a Homes Under The Hammer habit, just to dip my toe into what retirement might be like.

1 Like

I can do football ones because I can dip in and out, know all the scores already and know I can just zone out and focus on work for 10 minutes when Ronay starts talking

1 Like

If music

• I mostly listen to stuff I am already familiar with
  • I have mostly listened to new stuff

0 voters

I’ve tried listening to new stuff and tend to have a couple of days with exclusively new releases but it doesn’t really sink in

1 Like

Also I have a few playlists of new punk/hardcore/metal stuff and they’re so frequently updated that when I find something decent it then gets lost in the shuffle

Time spent gaming (including work hours)

• Bit less
  • Bit more
  • Loads less
  • Check out my Twitch stream
  • About the same
  • Not on gamebook, I pretend to read actual books or w/e

0 voters

For me, bit more - my commute was sweet gaming time, but I can play at lunch or whenever (not during meetings while camera-off though, lol haha no)