Whamaggedon

i just really, really love Wham!

12 Likes

The name of this game seems a bit exaggerated.

3 Likes

Heard it on Sunday whilst sorting out the Christmas tree. No idea why anyone would want to avoid it.

Rather try it with Fairytale of New York. Heard it four times before midday on Saturday. ARGHRGRRHG

Listening again now

There was a near fistfight at the pub quiz yesterday because the quizmaster said Careless Whisper was by Wham and not George Michael. That’s what I have to add to this thread.

1 Like

Careless answer

5 Likes

Or careless question?

I’m with you @sadpunk: never heard of it before and now my FB and Twitter is full of people acting like it’s a classic Christmas game going back years

Day 5, still not heard it.

I don’t think it’s about actively avoiding it, but just seeing how far through December you get before hearing it.

Never heard of this before.

It’s 5th December and I’ve not heard it yet.

This is the worst game since The Game.

2 Likes

Dunno why I find this so irritating.

3 Likes

well, it was released as a Wham! single in the US, Canada & Japan and as a George Michael single in the UK so…

anyway
I heard Last Christmas last night as I watched the TOTP review of 1984 on youtube

what a great year

Here’s a pub quiz question for you @Steved

what was the biggest selling UK single never to have reached No.1 ? And what kept it off the No.1 spot ?

Yes, it was Wham!'s Last Christmas & Band Aid kept it off no.1

3 Likes

I heard it on the first of december and you know what? im glad

1 Like

Spare a thought for anyone working in retail / catering where the Christmas music will have been pumped out on repeat since shortly after bonfire night.

4 Likes

I’m glad for you, Andyv. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I played it by choice on the morning of the 1st.

2 Likes

I worked in WHSmith years ago as a Saturday temp in December, and the Christmas music on loop was insufferable so I quit

(well, that and everyone there being a dickhead and getting fucked around over my pay)

still in

2 Likes