What a time to be alive

I just used Google Lens to instantly translate a letter I’d been sent in German. Didn’t have to painfully type anything in to a text box or anything.

What a time to be alive.

do you think ancient romans etc were like “fucking hell we have roads!” and thought about this in the same way?

4 Likes

probably not actually as the pace of change was a lot slower, I doubt most people saw anything new in their entire life

https://twitter.com/matthewpcrowley/status/621078253827002368?lang=en

16 Likes

yes this is astonishing!

I think I would be good at being a peasant as I usually eat the same food every day with no problem anyway

2 Likes

I don’t find that to be amusing but I thank you for your contribution all the same.

Any time!

There’s an interesting point about that in here;

3 Likes

oh that graph is scary

This is a good find

Had a moment yesterday when I was wondering what to put on the Sonos where I realised I had nearly all of the music ever recorded at my fingertips and could listen to it in different rooms in my flat at the touch of a button.

(that Sudan Archives EP from last year, since you asked)

Whenever that realisation hits me I panic and put Black Sabbath on.

aren’t you scared too theo?

No, I am the AI future, etc

1 Like

I wonder if the pace of change affects the onset and intensity of nostalgia too?

Seems like anything over a decade old can be repackaged to speak to nostalgia and in internet meme terms isn’t something from like a year ago considered with some kind of fond warmth for the past?

That lad did a big hoverboard the other day didn’t he? How exciting I can’t wait to fly away from all of my problems

Remember, your problems are like a backpack you wear under your skin, and no matter how fast you can hoverboard, you will be lighter if you leave them behind.

1 Like

That would look great as a motivational Instagram post

That’s how I like to imagine all of my thoughts

2 Likes