What albums aren't on Spotify?

Apart from De la soul’s Tommy boy albums, Joanna Newsom, KLF’s Chill Out, what others are there?

I thought we already had a thread dedicated to keeping track of this. Maybe it got deleted.

Annoyingly there are also albums that aren’t available in some territories compared to others.

There are a bunch of Go-Betweens albums that aren’t available in the UK I think. Even here in Aus we’re missing two or three.

1 Like

I did have a quick look to see if there was a thread but couldn’t see one.

1 Like

Jim O’Rourke’s good albums

6 Likes

Crazy Spirit LP

1 Like

Jemina Pearl’s Break it Up (2009). So many of my playlists are sorely missing these bangers.

1 Like

Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci’s Ankst material is missing sadly, just the later stuff which wasn’t half as good.

I keep looking for rave act Skin Up too.

2 Likes

Not an album, but Blawan’s Why They Hide The Bodies?

Also Objekt - Ganzfeld

2 Likes

KLF Chill Out is on there, albeit in slightly altered form

3 Likes

Pentangle’s 1985 romantic prog folk album Open The Door. It’s very disappointing for me and 18 other people.

10 Likes

Titus Andronicus - Local Business

5 Likes

Weakling - Dead as Dreams. Absolute tip tier USBM. Annoying.

Botch have disappeared except for the tracks on Indecision Recs which is annoying. i hear they will be back though

Think Hydra Head stuff generally is down still?

1 Like

Jim O’Rourke’s Drag City albums

1 Like

Ooh I didn’t know that. Cheers :slight_smile:

A lot of classic 90s hip hop, unfortunately. Among the most egregious omissions are the discography of Organized Konfusion, Gravediggaz’ 6 Feet Deep, Company Flow’s Funcrusher Plus, the self-titled debut from Beatnuts and obviously all the classic De La Soul albums, even though they’re on their way. The recent death of Biz Markie reminded me that only his weak 2003 comeback record is on there.

Really needs sorting out, or those albums/artists will just lose their legacies entirely.

3 Likes
  • Pretty much everything by Boredoms. No Vision Creation Newsun, no Super ae, no Pop Tatari- only two Super Roots albums and whatever “Wow 2” is.
  • As discussed in the Jetplane Landing thread, pretty much all of the Smalltown America label is not on Spotify anymore due to the label going under. That means no great albums by Jetplane Landing, Let Our Enemies Beware, LaFaro and Broker, among many others.
  • Boris’s “Flood” doesn’t appear to be on Spotify anymore either.
2 Likes

the first johnny foreigner album :frowning:

5 Likes

Pete Rock and CL Smooth’s The Main Ingredient too

3 Likes

Skee Mask’s latest album Pool which he has made a point of saying will definitely not be coming to Spotify (his stuff before this usually made it on after a while).

4 Likes

Yeah this one seems strange considering it was just reissued a couple of weeks ago and isn’t on their BC page either.

1 Like