What are the most Dad things ever?

I was in a Spar at the age of about, 12 with the old man and instead of his wallet he accidentally got a big bag of weed out at the till and just went “oh no that’s for me”

20 Likes

Tapping the walls on a new house.

5 Likes

I forgot about that thread. It was very heart-warming!

1 Like

This is spot on

An update to my Dad’s bonsai hobby. My parents are moving in the next few weeks, went for my final visit to the family home on Saturday, counted 153 (one-hundred and fifty three) plant pots with trees/other plant bits that will need moving to the new place. Insane.

4 Likes

boning your mum

11 Likes

Vehemently following sports teams but being relentlessly defeatist and pessimistic about them

7 Likes

Rawlplugs which gave already been used once and are a bit mangled and have bits of plaster stuck to them, which he claims “makes no difference”

4 Likes

“Just wrap a bit of masking tape around them - they’ll be fine.”

1 Like

Watching F1

2 Likes

My dad is a retired surveyor. You cannot stop him inspecting buildings or looking at gutters and drains and going " I don’t like the look of that"

1 Like

My dad’s a retired town planner. He likes taking photos of paving schemes.

2 Likes

Nipping out to run an errand completely unannounced and then your Mum coming in and going “Where’s Dad?”

2 Likes

Don’t get my dad started on Cumbernauld, Bracknell or the old Bull Ring.

Letting your mum do the talking.

Ordering a steak well-done

8 Likes

Asking if you’d like a hand, and when you say yes, applauding a bit before wandering off and chuckling to himself

2 Likes

I bet Theo does this.

Not answering the door or phone unless absolutely pressed, and is then kind of pissed off for doing so.

My dad’s a retired postman. He doesn’t give a shit about the post anymore.

2 Likes