What are you listening to right now?

very nice!

1 Like

was listening to this earlier. thanks for sharing, had never heard before. those fucking drums <3

1 Like

Yessssss! Glad you liked it man. One of my favourite recordings ever. Art Blakey was a genius.

1 Like

yeah great album! Man knows his way around a guitar tone.

1 Like

He creates a wonderful atmosphere on his records indeed! Iā€™ve been playing this album in the office and its been going down a storm.

Iā€™m going to work my way back through his catalogue. Are you familiar with the rest of his albums?

objectively one of the greatest songs ever

4 Likes

THOSE SYNTHS

Only Way Out Weather, which is maybe even better than Eyes On The Lines, more diverse sound at least. not delved deeper than that into his catalogue. But I have also been admiring his sideman work on the new Michael Chapman record and I think I can hear now which are his lead bits on Kurt Vileā€™s Wakin on a Pretty Daze. Iā€™ve recently started paying a lot of attention to the Paradise of Bachelors label as everything theyā€™re putting out seems to involve fantastic Americana guitar wizardry

1 Like

still obsessed with the moor mother album. also listening to lots of lambchop in advance of seeing them next week , loved them since i was 15 but never seen them for some reason so pretty excited

Right now??

Smashing Pumpkins - Zero

ā€œAnd God is empty, just like meeeeeeeeeā€

1 Like

I had absolutely no idea that he featured on Walkinā€™ on a Pretty Daze! Iā€™m going to have go back and seek out his parts too. Listening to Vile and Kevin Morby are what turned me onto Gunn. Who else is on the Paradise of Bachelors label that you could recommend?

Well shit I just checked the wiki and apparently he doesnā€™tā€¦must have been some style cross pollination going on. Maybe theyā€™re sharing pedals.

This song might appeal if you dig Gunn.

Also PoB did a Terry Allen reissue which I got, which is probably the best country album Iā€™ve ever heard

More epic organ led kinda psych vibe from an upcoming record

1 Like

Oh awesome! Plenty of stuff to check out - cheers! Will listen over the weekend and see I can recommend anything similar back.

1 Like

choon

1 Like
1 Like

Did you see him perform this on Fallon?

Heā€™s a proper Renaissance man isnā€™t he, heā€™s so bloody talented.

Those trousers tho