What are you listening to right now?

This has been on my to-buy list for a month or so maybe. Based partly just on reading the blurb to an interview with them.

Anyway, I’m currently listening to (specifically track three of) this:

1 Like

still so good. in a strange turn of fate, one of my atds ended up marrying the guy who did the vocals to this. 16 year old me would have been so stoked. 24 year old me was…pleased.

Didn’t know these fellas at all until I saw them at ATP Nightmare in 2006. One of the surprise highlights of the weekend.

3 Likes

Still one of my favorite records from 2003.

No studio version on YouTube, but Come See Come Saw by Rocket From The Crypt. So great.

2 Likes

Right now, headphones on at work (so I don’t have to hear the annoying bloke in the office who can’t not join in any conversation going), I’m listening to Saturday’s Todd-o-Phonic show on WFMU.

1 Like
3 Likes

Doesn’t get much loungier than this

1 Like

Again, trying to drown out the incessant talker sat opposite.

2 Likes

Just found this EP on Spotify. Loved this band when they were around.

5 Likes

Nubya rules

1 Like

Listening to this on a seven inch single and trying to figure out the true story. On the YouTube, guitarist Joe Maraia comments that it was his band The Questionaires under a fake name. But Warren Schutz, the song writer was a Brill Building guy and so my assumption was that it was session musicians doing it especially for the film Unholy Matrimony (a super cheap exploitation b-movie). Which is backed up by the acetate by Maraia’s band, on YouTube, sounding quite different from the released version under the Warmest Spring name. I’ve found Shutz on Facebook but I think I’d feel weird to message him and ask him about it.

1 Like

absolute belter. i am indeed in the funky way.

1 Like