What are you listening to right now?

amazing how completely the war on drugs ripped this sound off

2 Likes

Glorious tune from that Yuck man who left. God knows why he couldnā€™t have made this under the same name though. Mustā€™ve hated his band mates I suppose.

Copperpot Journals! YES!

I loved the Plotting to Kill Your Friends ep. The Weather As Your Common Ground <3

1 Like

always play a bit of this when iā€™m doing the olā€™ djing.

Love that song! Heard it on a Rocksound cd and was my first introduction to them! It sounded so clever. They deserve way more attention.

1 Like

honestly one of the great bangerzzz of our times even though Shorty has terrible style

I think he was one the main reasons I started to the boards at all, way before I started posting

Forgot how catchy this shit is :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bizarre to think that this is 10 years old. as much as I cringe at the term, this was truly a formative album for me, this song in particular. got me into so much other stuff that Iā€™ve enjoyed immensely.

1 Like

Itā€™s weird how when I was a kid I thought this was awfully naff. But now, although I still kind of think that, I always enjoy hearing it when itā€™s randomly played somewhere.

1 Like

I grew up on this song (my dad is Spanish and also a massive disco/funk fan). Always loved it but kept it hidden along with my love for disco until my late teens because peer pressure.

Talking of Spanish things, Iā€™ve been inspired to pull out some of my favourite Spanish records. And I reckon Los Salvajes are my faves.

I like my Lone Star records but unlike Los Salvajes they only did covers. But they did them well.

1 Like

I DJā€™d a wedding in Madrid once and had to play this record five times to keep the old folks happy though.

1 Like

And this Los Brincos record I was asked for a dozen times.

1 Like

fucking love that ye-ye sort of rock that came out of Spain during the 60s and 70s

I sort of donā€™t think of it as ye ye if itā€™s not French. But I know what you mean. Now youā€™ve got me looking in my box of French records. I think this is one of my favourite ones. I saw her live - in the Netherlands a few years back rather than in France, oddly - tiny little lady but lovely and friendly and awesome on stage.

1 Like

guessing youā€™re all listening to the new clientele album

:heart_eyes:

1 Like