What are you listening to right now?

so sick of this song.

yeah, I like this guy’s music. would have been too punky and straightforward to me a few years back, but I am currently way more into emotion in music than weirdness.

<3

I am well ‘in’ for Exploded View - not sure why this is the first time I’ve listened to them

these two songs are probably like, peak music. conveniently bundled together on this Yt video.

Listening to Dean Hurley’s Anthology Resource Vol. 1 on Bandcamp atm (https://deanhurley.bandcamp.com/). One of my favourite things about the new Twin Peaks is that there’s about a billion albums that count as its soundtrack (actually more like three or four tbf but shut up)

“Low Sustained Mystery” is a perfect track title on there. Also, I kind of love the artwork for it, even if it is bordering on a bit corny how they have Twin Peaks’d up various classic album cover design elements.

surprisingly good.

like every uppity kid of my age, animal collective - :+1:

this genius

Going through the Yo La Tengo albums in my collection in prep for May.

Certainly not in chronological order, as I am starting today with

I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass

I think I’m enjoying this more than I ever have before. I think it’s one I’ve not gained as much a “grip for” what it is as a whole, simply by virtue of it being extremely long and (I’d say even by YLT’s standards) very eclectic. I’ve always had a respect for the structuring of the tracklist though, having all that eclectic stuff sandwiched between two massive psych-y freakouts.

just noticed on the wiki page for YLT, it says [citation needed] next to “shoegazing” in the genre section. Tempted to edit the article providing a link to ‘We’re An American Band’ as said citation

this is off one of the beefheart records that beefheart fans say is shit. it’s not shit it’s incredible.

Ian William Craig is an utter genius. What wonderful music.

the chord progression and harmonies on this… just unutterably brilliant, no? imo their best song.

vocals are a bit like latter-day Nick Cave on this…

I want to be as happy as I am where this song takes me

I’m glad I randomly chose to investigate this. His work seems v up my street, and I’d never heard of the guy before. Cheers!