1 Like

Born To Run
Tapestry
Different Class

3 Likes

Most of them TBH. Ones I regularly do skip:

• OK Computer (Fitter Happier)
  • Carrie and Lowell (All Of Me…)
  • Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant (Beyond The Sunrise)
  • I struggle to get through the entire of ( ) and Ágætis Byrjun by Sigur Rós
5 Likes

Any album I like, to be honest.

22 Likes

All of them. I just don’t like Skips. But there are definitely albums where I don’t tend to eat regular crisps while listening along.

15 Likes

Reckon the only album I have never skipped a track or turned off part way through must be Tierra Whack - Whack World.

2 Likes

So one minute is your maximum attention span?

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA!

7 Likes

Haha, it seems that way. I’m not generally a skipper actually. I guess the thread is more about albums without any drops in quality or tracks that just don’t land completely for whatever reason throughout. Another one that springs to mind is Protomartyr - Relatives in Descent (love the way the tracks flow together too). Will try and think of some more.

3 Likes

Yeah like you if the question is literal then there isn’t an album I’ve loved where I haven’t at one point skipped a couple of tracks to get to a particular one or whatever.

But if we’re talking albums I absolutely love and yet I would definitely bin off one track I’m not sure. Have a feeling there’s one track on Rumours that always leaves me a bit cold but I’m not sure I’d put that up there with my all time proper faves despite how good it is.

Probably part of why 90% of the music I listen to is instrumental or largely instrumental is not being a skipping person. So the answer is genuinely nearly all of them.

Actually I am not sure I’ve ever skipped a Hot Snakes album.

Some more:

The Cure - Faith
Pixies - Doolittle
Portishead - Dummy
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Caribou - Swim
Big Thief - Capacity

2 Likes

Live Through This - Hole
Crazy For You - Best Coast
Fun Trick Noisemaker - Apples In Stereo
Pinkerton - Weezer

Life’s too short not to skip weaker tracks

2 Likes

They were both going to be my answers to the question. :joy: I find them both unskippable (though have to be in the right mood to listen to either of them).

2 Likes

If you’re only going to listen to one album all the way through Whack World is definitely a classy choice.

1 Like

A classic…

Action_Biker_Coverart

4 Likes

Mine are mainly stuff I was into as a teenager in the 90s when I would absolutely rinse the few albums I had, and especially stuff I only had on cassette which made skipping much more of a nuisance. I think no skips for me is as much about familiarity and that feeling of anticipating the opening bars of the next track as it is about the albums being consistently amazing (although most are that too, imho).

Elastica - Elastica
Nirvana - Nevermind
REM - Automatic for the People
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right To Children
Belly - King
bis - Social Dancing
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
PJ Harvey - Stories From The City

1 Like

There aren’t many that I’d deliberately skip a weak track. But there are some that mean a lot to me as a whole unit I think, if they tell some kind of story. Especially long albums. Stuff like:

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Baroness - Yellow & Green
Billy Bragg - Don’t Try This At Home
Death Cab - Plans
Mars Volta - Deloused
QOTSA - Their first three records
Red House Painters - Everything

I don’t skip really

I do go back and replay favourite songs a lot though

3 Likes