What are YOUR seven wonders of the world?

The seven things you’ve seen with your own eyes that have made you go ‘what a wonder!’

I’d like this to be an earnest thread about nice and exciting places to visit, but if you want to make a joke list you can, just put it in a spoiler for God’s sake.

I’ll have a think about mine and get back to you (me)

1 Like

Halong Bay in Vietnam, otherwordly.
I’ll get back to you about the other 6

3 Likes

Sugar Loaf mountain.
An empty Murvica Beach in Bol
Gulfoss
Hmm what else

2 Likes

Grand Canyon probably
My brain couldn’t understand that I wasn’t looking at a picture and also I forgot my glasses

4 Likes

Just a list of things I think are quite nice. Not as well travelled as a lot of you.

Parc Guell, Barcelona
Sedlec Ossuary, Kutna Hora
The Forum and Colosseum, Rome
View from the top of the Col du Tourmalet, France
Sagrada Familia, Barcelona
Kingly Vale, West Sussex
Lava tunnels, Tenerife

5 Likes

Top of my head…

Taj Mahal
Grand Canyon
Venice
Lake District
Some fjord in Norway I once went to and didn’t know the name of
Dungeness
Great Dixter

Bit euro/UK centric sorry

3 Likes

the giant Buddha on Lantau Island

the view across Hong Kong harbour from the Peak

the Black Mountains

Himeji Castle

one of those bits on Dartmoor where a river runs through loads of tumbled boulders and there are old trees overhead whose branches hang low with moss

some misty cobbled backstreet in an old Mitteleuropan city that makes me think of sixteenth century burgomeisters and the brothers Grimm, that sort of thing

I dunno, pubs?

3 Likes

This is such an amazing place!

my own balls and 5 other things

2 Likes

Kutna Hora is a really nice place, but the ossuary was amazing.

Oooh, get Mr Two Balls over here

1 Like

is that… unusual?

Depends

Glencoe and its vicinity
The Maldives (in general)
I dunno, a packed Hampden Park when Scotland are winning

3 Likes

Spoiler this

1 Like

I have visited one actual wonder! It was the great wall of china and very cool. I haven’t been to many places but the sea, any sea, they’re amazing and so beautiful

7 Likes

The Great Wall was great, but imo it should be visible from space

1 Like

one of my favourite memories is from Kutna Hora. I was only there for a day, and wandering round when I came to a tiny enclosed square. There were some kids there from what I presume was some sort of choir school, only half a dozen or so, stood spaced out around the square and a teacher in the middle conducting them as they sang a classical choral piece. There was no crowd or audience, my friend and I had stumbled across it quite by accident, and I think they were singing just for the love of it. It was late afternoon, with sun on old stone buildings and these lovely voices echoing and bouncing off the walls. A totally unexpected magical moment.

4 Likes

Mound no spoiler required

5 Likes

The abandoned jetty, Canvey Island

Need to think about my other 6