My triple disc best of, Scotland’s Shame

5 Likes
  1. Happy Songs for Happy People
  2. Mr Beast
  3. Mogwai Young Team
2 Likes

Ten Rapid (dont care I’m counting it) >Young Team >>>>>>> Happy Song

1 Like

yeah if we’re counting compilations in all this, it’s #2 for me then.

Happy Songs
Young Team
Rock Action

I own the first three and don’t like RA and some of YT seems very wooden compared with bits of CODY that I love (especially Christmas Steps.)

Looking forward to using this thread to widen my knowledge of the other stuff they’ve released in the twenty years singe.

they’re brilliant m8. especially compared to the awful ‘meaningful’ bullshit titles most post-rock bands come up with. love how they can record an 8 and a half minute apocalyptic album closer and then call it ‘You’re Lionel Richie’, or name a track on a zombie drama soundtrack after a Limmy sketch.

5 Likes

ones i return to the most:

Come on Die Young
Hardcore Will Never Die
Mr Beast

EP+6 could potentially steal the number 3 spot if you include compilations.

1 Like

Do you know what? I can’t choose.

2 Likes

‘Central Belters’ gets better every time i think about it

2 Likes

Very very hard to choose. Going to go with

Young Team
Happy Songs
Hardcore Will Never Die

3 Likes

Not being that guy just to be that guy but, honestly, after their Primavera album show I sincerely believe that Every Country’s Sun will crash into my top three. Dramatic, moving, atmospheric and note perfect across every track. Can’t wait to hear the studio version.

Sometimes people look at this band with weariness or whatever but seriously - who else is doing this, and doing it this well? I was honestly moved that they could draw an enormous crowd with two hours notice - and it really spoke to what a unique space they occupy.

1 Like

CODY
Les Revenents
Young team

Cody is such a spectacular album, the way it builds and builds is fantastic

1 Like

Rock action
Happy songs
Govt commisions

1. Young Team
  2. CODY
  3. Happy Songs for Happy People

Young Team
Hardcore Will Never Die
Mr Beast

Big fan of Government Commissions and Special Moves too.

In no particular order:

Hardcore Will Never Die
Happy Songs
Mr Beast

To be honest, I’d probably add Young Team, Rock Action and Les Revenants to that list too.

Agree with other posters very difficult too choose as love this band so much - probably Mr Beast and Happy Songs are my least favorites.

Anyway my top 3

Hardcore Will Never Die (who knew they could do kickass, concise rock songs - plus has one of my all time favs of theirs - How To Be A Werewolf)
Young Team
The Hawk Is Howling

Shout out to this from The Fountain OST

The Fountain OST - Death Is The Road To Awe [HD] - YouTube

Young Team
Come On Die Young
Hawk Is Howling (good to see it being mentioned so much in this thread I genuinely think it’s quite underrated)

Not enough Zidane ITT