What artists do you reckon people could only name one song by and nothing else?

Sunshine n Leith too (only know that cause they made that film)

7 top 40 singles apparently…

Hoobastank

i always forget that these two are Human League so i’m going to project and say that some other people might as well

2 Likes

If we’re talking about “the man on the street” then I think most would struggle to name another Bjork song other than ‘Oh So Quiet’. Casual music fan - a few more probably. Probably the same with Babybird and ‘You’re Gorgeous’.

Reef of course released It’s Your Letters as well :wink:

Motorhead?

3 Likes

Alphabeat
They had at least 2 big songs didn’t they?

Gonna say wings as well

Toto, Foreigner, all those 80s soft rock bands

Re:Covered??

Was that the music show hosted by Dermot O’Leary where bands played one of their own songs and a chosen cover version??

ABBA

I reckon the man on the street could name Wake Up Boo and no other Boo Radleys songs. Incredible really, given the depth of their back catalogue.

It was! I was Googling Harry the singer and hrr wiki mentioned it…Id never heard of it before

They Might Be Giants: 19 studio albums and I reckon the man on the street could only name Birdhouse In Your Soul

Nah, they did the Malcolm in the Middle theme as well.

Dandy Warhols?

Yeah, a few might know Boys Better but a good shout. Do you think the average person would know that they did the Malcolm in the Middle theme? I didn’t know that.

Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
Carly Simon - You’re So Vain

To the man on the street anyway

Defo not Talking Heads. Ive never heard an album but Road to Nowheres probably bigger than Once in a Lifetime

I was kinda hoping you’d found some link to old episodes.

It was a great programme. They used to get a bunch of bands to do a song of their own and a cover version of their choice (which ranged from amazing to appalling)

Im afraid not ! Seems some intriguing ones on there though, so might have a gander