What brand of rucksack is 'hot' right now?

Although last one I got was here because it’s decent enough, affordable, made in the UK but most importantly…machine washable. Fuck expensive bags you can’t even clean

https://watershedbrand.com/Category/353/backpacks

I have never cleaned my big rucksack and have only rinsed out smaller ones when my shopping bursts in them.

Patagonia.

1 Like

I am not a woman of clean bags. Exploding pens, squashed raisins, stains from cheap jeans rubbing off on them.

I am of the opinion that such things add an extra layer of protection.

2 Likes

Got this one in H&M recently and I look very stylish with it

1 Like

Some great colours there! Wish I needed a backpack… maybe I’ll get R one of the kids ones for when he out grows has funky octopus toddler backpack…

The watershed ones look great too and are nicely priced. You obviously have very good bag taste :+1:

1 Like

Only issue with the Watershed one I have is lack of separate sections, but I think that was just the style I opted for (doesn’t look like they do it anymore), some of the other types look better in that respect. I like that one they’ve got on pre-order, the shelter one.

1 Like

That one did catch my eye too! Though I really should stop looking. As much as my Herschel backpack does a very good job, I only got it because it was in the price range of some vouchers I had so I didn’t really get to look around properly for a bag I really, really liked.

1 Like

Only £1150

I also have a Herschel backpack, this one specifically:

pros:

• looks nice imo
  • holds all my stuff
  • nice compartment for my laptop
  • convenient pocket at the top that i think is meant for sunglasses but I use for chocolate bars

cons:

• that yellow bit at the bottom becomes very dirty very quickly and is annoying to clean
4 Likes

I got this in the sale a couple of months ago. I like it a lot.

My Crumpler one is still going strong but they’re generally best if you need to lug a laptop and/or other tech about.

We got an Osprey one for our Uluru holiday in a week or so that looks nice.

Got 3 crumpler bags and love them all.

1 Like

1 Like

mine’s a dakine
very voluminous

1 Like

Is it this one?

It’s incredible.

6 Likes

It is indeed! My friend saw it and sent me the link, I then sent the link to @Avery and as if by magic, a few days later I had a new bag!':sunglasses:

1 Like

Eastpak Pak’r. E’ry time.

2 Likes

Osprey are v. fashionable with the Serious Outdoors And/Or Bike Wanker crowd right now. They’re very clever and practical (and fucking expensive) but they’re not what you might call cool like those Fjallraven or Herschel jobbies.

(I’ve got a lightweight Osprey thing for summer bike commuting, it’s excellent and practical and gets admiring looks from other Bike Wankers, but, y’know. Bike Wankers.)