What CD is this from?

Yeah, saw the joos live in London May 2008 - it remains the highlight of my life!!!

The first thing I thought of was Liars WIXIW but don’t know what the physical sleeve entails. Front cover doesn’t really cover the letters/symbols you’ve described. Closest I can get so far

Yeah that was the one that popped into my head. And Gangs by and so I watch you from afar.

I have moved you up to a normal user so you can now I think.

Led Zeppelin - Four Symbols?

There you go… It’s not Led Zep or Liars so my money is something that came out in the last year or two. Arcade Fire or Conor Oberst remain likely candidates, or the latest Beirut…

tried reverse googling the image but didnae work.

There’s some penoid runes on there. @ericVI help us out

Here’s his link

runes_meaningbw

of course, it’s Earth Man Serpent Fire by Ed Sheeran

10 Likes

Why is that wrong? Seems to check out

Ok, so it’s Earth, Man, Serpent, Fire. And I still don’t have a clue… Would it be ok to go in HMV and start cutting open all their digipack CD’s until I find it?

1 Like

On further investigation this is more likely to come from what’s called a “Mini LP Sleeve” rather than a digipak. A CD kind of sticks into the digipak whereas a CD slides into the jacket (usually inside a pocket) on a Mini LP sleeve. If anybody owns Do The Beast by Afghan Whigs could they please check it? I’m just thinking from the Seprent, Fire thing it seems a logical option. Thanks!

Yep!

Is that “Yep!” you’ll check it, or “Yep!” that’s what it is?

Confirmed it was in the other thread I linked to

Wait, is this definitely the right answer? Where can I find this other thread??

dunno why that didnt link to the thread, but its in the afghan whigs thread anyway

Ok, can I just thanks to everyone who helped me identify this and, to the person who I sold this CD to on ebay a couple of years ago, I’m really really sorry. Guess you didn’t get the full package.

2 Likes

At least he/she didn’t end up with something by Ed Sheeran.