What colour was your primary school uniform? #schoolweek

Imagine being in that business.

“Hi nice to meet you, how do you know [PARTY OWNER]?”
“Oh we’ve known each other years, met at uni”
“Nice one, what do you do?”
“I design and manufacture the false ties that they use for primary school uniforms because children aren’t capable of tying a normal tie properly”
“…erm, I’ll catch you later then, enjoy your night…”

None of my primary schools had them. There was a school polo shirt that you could buy/wear if you wanted to. Had a tortoise on it. Would wear one as an adult.

1 Like

No, that was not a fun time. Probably encouraged learning how to tie a proper tie. But then with a normal tie you had the thing where people would pull that really tight so the knot went really small and almost impossible to undo. :thinking:

Happy days

1 Like

Infants school in south Essex - no uniform
Junior school in south Essex - no uniform
First school in Hertfordshire - Grey trousers and a dark green jumper. Optional tie, usually only worn for class photos
Middle school in Hertfordshire - Grey trousers, white shirt, blue jumper and red tie. Optional blazer, only worn by spods.

Sort of a dark bluey grey-y black jumper (I put other because I don’t know what colour it really is, it’s sort of everything at once), white shirt/grey skirt or blue checked dress

Red like my beating heart :heart:

1 Like

Grey jumper
Yellow shirt
Dark grey shorts / trousers

Primary Banbury:
Blue/silver tie
Light Blue shirt
Dark blue pinafore
Dark blue cardigan

Primary Wiltshire:
Red tie
White shirt
Royal blue jumper
Grey skirt

Check dress for summer

Controversial opinion:
I like ties at primary, looks good. Polo tops get all scruffy and faded.

GET HER!!!

1 Like

Was thinking just yesterday that primary school is wasted on children. 9-3 doing colouring with an hour lunch break. Bliss.

2 Likes

we had sweatshirts or tshirts with a big tree on the front, otherwise generic “school uniform” stuff you could get anywhere. The few times I wore a tie my mum had to get her neighbours to help because she had never done one before!

Apparently it was a running joke amongst all the mums how much of a mess I’d look by the end of the day, a few of them called me St Trinians lol. Nothing’s changed much

Had completely forgotten about the plain school uniforms you got. Mum used to drag me to BHS at the start of the summer holidays to get the unbranded uniforms before all the stock ran out, only to inevitably have a growth spurt over the summer and then have to spend a year in tiny clothes

bloody teachers

1 Like

No uniform in primary school.

Just grey. (& red tie)

Unknown

We had clip on ties in primary but they were optional

Some poor bastards were made to wear them by their parents

Imagine setting your kid up for that

it me

1 Like

it was a red jumper and white polo shirt but i think blue jumpers were fine too. the shop that sold them was called rumble tums