• Band C … £52,001 to £68,000
  • Band D … £68,001 to £88,000
  • Band E … £88,001 to £120,000
  • Band F … £120,001 to £160,000
  • Band G … £160,001 to £320,000
  • Band H … £320,001 and above

LOL

1 Like

Frightening to think that there are homes out there that would have been worth £320K+ in 1991

Also really weird to think of this in terms of the private rented sector (that is: if you rent a whole property from a private landlord then you’ll be liable for tax which is linked to the estimate value of their asset).

2 Likes

E. £2290 per year.

Most houses near mine are D, so I keep meaning to appeal it.

If I’m remembering your area of Cambridge correctly, it was one of those areas that was definitely a ‘town’ rather than ‘gown’ part of the city. There’s not really that distinction there now. It’s probably only King’s Hedges that you could say that about these days.

Yeah it’s ex local authority and plenty around still are. The guy who fitted the floors went from “cor, nice gaff!” to “it used to be pwoppa rough round 'ere when I were a kid!” pretty fucking quickly.

The overall number of properties will have changed, but you can get a rough idea of how many there are as a ratio from this chart (140,000 out of 24,000,000 properties in England in 2017, so 0.58% of the total housing stock):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/622576/Table_CTSOP1.0_2017.csv/preview

And looking at that, nearly half of the Band H properties were in London, and the valuations were done when London was still losing population.

Looking at Wikipedia there’s an extra band at the top in Wales.

I thought Scotland had introduced two additional bands at the top but actually they just increased the levels of the top four bands. Weak sauce.

11 Likes

Band C (£35k to £45k). Just shy of £1,150 a year after single occupancy discount, including water etc

who uses SMS in 2018???

I don’t like WhatsApp.

1 Like

oooh, look at me, I don’t like WhatsApp :nail_care:

2 Likes

Yes that is what I said.

1 Like

E Street Band

me.

2 Likes

E.

D (they did actually do a revaluation in Wales about 5-10 years ago which meant my house getting bumped up a band - don’t think the government in England will ever do that as there’d likely be a massive outcry).