What did/ do you want to be when you grew/ grow up?

if i could shoot electricity and have a yellow tail, so much so the better

I might be this but a samurai who travels from town to town, punishing cruel noblemen and unscrupulous landlords.

1 Like

i might be that but then also with a cooler hat than you

and a bigger sword and also some shades

I’ll be known as The Hatless Samurai and you can be known as The Cool Hat and Shades Samurai.

We’ll be legendary.

1 Like

Suspect is hatless

1 Like

Astronaut/chef/writer.

I achieved the latter and did it exclusively for years, now its still a big part of what I do in a complementary to my job sort of way rather than official part of it. Thing is, I sort of hate writing and I’m very slow at it too.

Would not like to be an astronaut or chef and I’d be terrible at both.

After careers advice, where they seem to just give you a randomly assigned job from a choice of about 7, combined with wanting to copy my big brother I decided I actually wanted to be a travel agent. Went to college to do Leisure and Tourism and it was the most boring course of all time, although in retrospect I think I’d quite enjoy it at my point in life now as it seems that what I do on both tours and in my placemaking job there’s actually so much overlap.

When I was little:
Private detective
Astro slash cosmonaut
Or space detective

Give me an example crime

Oh yeah, I seem to remember quite a few people doing this. Given how easy it became to book holidays online just a few years later, it sort of seems like training up a load of kids for a career working with horses just as everyone was starting to buy cars

Haha yeah though as its happens it was really just a business course and covered useful stuff like how to do a tender and would be great for people working in destination management sort of roles. Bored me to tears as it just wasn’t what I expected but the course wasn’t by any means redundant with online bookings etc - the work experience part in the college travel agents was though, just learning stupid codes because the computer was so old. No idea who was booking holidays through the college, mystified me even then.

1 Like

Quick poll

• I’m doing one of the jobs I wanted to do when I was a child
  • I’m not, but I’d heard of my job when I was a child
  • I’m not, and I hadn’t heard of my job when I was a child

0 voters

I’ve voted for one but having multiple jobs I could have voted for another.

I have

• No job
  • One job
  • More than one job

0 voters

The photography very rarely pays, but sometimes it’s what I tell people I do rather than my conversation killer day job

1 Like