What do we think about this then?

1 Like

Insert answer from the last thread we did on something like this

1 Like

I don’t click on links to the independent, it hurts my head too much, give us the gist of it, is it a load of shite?

1 Like

Gist is maybe, maybe the right albums just in the wrong order.

1 Like

I trust The Independent not to lie about something as serious as this

4 Likes

I can’t read it, but I don’t see August and Everything After in the header image so I’m thinking it’s a bad list.

1 Like

Impressed to see 3 or 4 punk records there but it’s still way too rock/rnb heavy. No techno, metal. No jazz, no folk. Unknown Pleasures is a fair shout within their parameters but they’re a little narrow.
VU and Nico is the best debut album though.

1 Like

Nirvana - Nevermind not on the list. I’m out.

9 Likes

they forgot one

4 Likes

they 100% did this a couple months back right

1 Like

Quite a lot of hip hop albums but no Enter The Wu-Tang. Given the HGIIR leaderboard I’d say that is the biggest omission

I think that could be because the jazz albums that are seen as classics aren’t ever debut albums. Happy to see counter examples of course but I can’t think of any. Maybe Takin’ Off but that’s probably pushing it

Tenor Conclave, maybe. Something Else! I think it’s more likely they just hadn’t considered them to be honest.

see right thru you today, simulation

1 Like

Not even clicking the link if this isn’t in it.

1 Like

Clickbait innit and you’ve seen a million of these before. Nice to see psychocandy included though.

1 Like

Everyone knows the best debut album of all time is Weezer (2001) by Weezer or the Breads by Radiohead.

Lol that’s my old account too.

Finally they’ve decided that rather than paying music journo’s 50p an article they’re just gonna regurgitate the same listicles every 6 months.

About time too

2 Likes

I’d have chosen Alligator by The National, because I’m a fucking idiot

4 Likes