what do you enjoy most about getting older?

It’s time to look on the bright side you old fuck!

3 Likes
  • Eating lots of food
  • Not caring about being rude
  • Napping in the day
  • Moaning about stuff
  • Going “ooooaaaah” when you get up from a chair

0 voters

Learning more about yourself and learning to embrace yourself a bit more instead of trying to change yourself.

21 Likes

seeing people less frequently is nice as well

1 Like

I feel like I’ve always been a middle-aged man in terms of temperament so I’m quite enjoying actually being middle-aged.

5 Likes

my guns have got bigger

8 Likes

Much less self-loathing when I look in the mirror. Now it’s just a kind of grim acceptance instead.

6 Likes

just remember everybody you’ll never be younger than you are today! x

1 Like

Giving significantly less of a fuck about what other people think about me. That’s been quite nice.

12 Likes

Being able to say “your mum and i are going out together this evening, you guys fend for yourselves, there’s food in the fridge, byeeeeeee!” And not have to worry about babysitters or all that nonsense.

8 Likes

Penis darknessPenis darkness

7 Likes

Not feeling the need to watch support bands at gigs.

2 Likes

More opportunities to remember old time

7 Likes

I spend a lot of my day at work ‘teaching’ the young ones to be rude and forceful with bellends they are dealing with.

Can never understand why they can’t do it and just keep saying ‘sorry sorry sorrysorrysorry sorry so sorry’ all day until I remember myself at that age.

1 Like

Oh man, that sounds sweet. Reckon I’ve got another 10 years at least before I’m there.

1 Like

Definitely this. Just feel a bit more comfortable in your skin and head. Feel like you’ve mastered the controls somewhat.

Counterpoint: insuring a 17yo on your car :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

1 Like

talking down to young people

being able to remember old stuff is kinda fun

like being able to remember F1 in the late 90s, knowing that I remember watching '98 while younger people didn’t get to

I like sharing wisdom/learnings/advice to young people in our team (especially when it’s about stuff I didn’t get mentorship on and was properly shit as a result). I find teaching and enabling people is much more rewarding than doing something myself imo and you get better at it the more you experience

4 Likes