What do you not know what it is

Ah yeah

Save it…

1 Like

I genuinely do not know what stocks are. Or shares

Yeah, absolutely

1 Like

Split the market value of a business entity (itself a bit of a thingum) into pieces, and make them available for sale, hi you have equity. This is then purchasable at a market price.

Endlessly ripe for corruption, brilliant system, so glad it’s the foundation of our global economy

1 Like

Fire

• I know what this is i do
  • Do i not know what this is

0 voters

I think i sort of know what it is but I’m not sure i really understand it

Oh shit, that’s as bad as light for me

How is fire a thing

Isn’t fire as a thing like a combination of loads of other things like IR radiation, light, etc? It’s energy released from stored PE?

1 Like

WHAT DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS
I WANT YOU TO SHOW ME

2 Likes

Maybe we can eventually make language a complete obstacle to understanding. That’s what I would do, at least.

Time.

AND NEITHER DOES ANYONE SO DONT TRY IT ON GUYS

2 Likes

mad that heat and colours and stuff are the same thing but different speeds or whatever

like colours are fast heat

pretty sure that’s correct

2 Likes

Did you know the future is actually the past? It’s been proven apaz

The weird coating they put on tesco’s new veggie sausages. Like some sort of weird vegetable based condom.

4 Likes

A single photon has intrinsic energy, related to its frequency. It can never be zero. A photon’s energy can be changed in a collision, where energy can be absorbed by another particle (‘scattering’). A particle’s spin can never be changed (although its orientation can).

1 Like

yes

This is a very good explanation thank you

1 Like

And we’re all in the science thread, good times

Honestly, I wish I had the kind of brain that could actually engage with this sort of thing properly, because I love it on a conceptual and general level, but I can’t get along with the maths so I could never take it forward academically. I love it!

oh they use Hanx? cool

Hanx for the memories

1 Like

Also I think it’s mainly a dopamine thing, at least at first

Dopamine is really, really powerful and has loads of complex effects