What do you reckon is the longest time (post babyhood)

But the yams are the power that be

9 Likes

Did you know that people in the west country apparently say yam instead of youā€™re?

Iā€™ve never witnessed it first hand, but two ā€˜friendsā€™ from Birmingham (didnā€™t know each other) assured me it was true.

I donā€™t know what this means but I am going to pretend I do.

I just discovered that most of us have probably never eaten a yam. A true yam looks like this:

Thatā€™s a sick beetroot

Iā€™m something of a spud-dodger. Probably gone a month when I was being hardcore low carb but rarely longer than that because, booze and therefore crisps.

The people of Birmingham know nothing of West country folk!

You can smell it when iā€™m walking down the street!

1 Like

Enough of your slang.

That reminds me of another game, spudball!

Like Dodgeball, but with potatoes!

1 Like

stodgeball! Like dodgeball, but with mashed potatoes

1 Like

Top notch weird tweet from an Irish pseudo-celebrity.

http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3264197/original?width=630&version=3264197

2 Likes

It is such a versatile vegetable, definitely my favourite 1 of my 5 a day.

Awful lot of serious TORY LIES going on in here

We werenā€™t all rich enough for toys growing up, Randolf

This is absolutely true (but assuming you mean black country)

Yam going shop? get us some fags ey bab.

Yampy is a common one also (means fool/dickhead etc)

1 Like

Guy next to me says itā€™s 5 days since a potato product passed his lips - iā€™m astounded.

But he also purely cooks jacket spuds in the microwave, with no transfer to the oven for crispy skin at the endā€¦and is happy with the soggy skin. Man is clearly insane.

Oh yeah, Iā€™ve been out of the UK for too long, forgot there are so many countries in the country in the country.

1 Like

When we have baked spuds at home I make mine the correct way and then have to make my wifeā€™s in the microwave (entirely). Yes i know.

donā€™t worry yampy, itā€™s hard enough when youā€™re in the country.

I am dumbfounded at this. Someone is there and willing to do it the correct way yet still she goes for the microwave option. Madness