What do you reckon the longest time you’ve spent playing a video game is?

What’s the longest time you’ve played a game without stopping? What about longest time spent on a singular game? What about longest time spent on a game series?

Checked my Steam account last night, which consists solely of Football Manager games from 2009-2018 and added up my playtime for each one and it came to a total of 208 days. That’s a lot of days in my opinion.

Totally worth it though, and incidentally, Football Manager 2019 comes out this Friday, 2nd of November for Mac and PC. Football Manager 2019 features a whole host of new features that brings you closer to your squad than ever before and tilt the world’s favourite management simulation even closer to reality. You have the ability to fully implement your tactical vision through the brand new tactics creator, and fine-tune the all important details in a new and improved training revamp. Will the perfect substitution or tactical tweak be the difference between an agonising defeat or an ecstatic victory? There’s only one way to find out, and that’s by buying Football Manager 2019 this Friday, 2nd of November, on either Mac or PC, or both.

10 Likes

Didn’t @guntrip once play Civilization IV for 24 hours? Have I got the wrong person / game / imagined the whole thing?

Sim City 4

It was part of a 24hr event on the student radio station I had a show on, fundraising for a local hospice charity.

I did a website/blog for it here

which still appears on google but doesn’t load on my phone

5 Likes

I think that the longest might have been about 14 hours in one day - maybe Sensible World of Soccer or Civilisation on the Amiga.

I guess that those two games would be the ones on which I’ve racked up the most hours in total as well.

The only Football Manager I have ever played is the Kevin Toms one on the Spectrum.

I reckon it’s probably fair to say I’ve spent somewhere in the region of a fifth of my life playing/using CM & FM

1 Like

728 hours on destiny
267 on destiny 2

Probably spent a full day none stop on football manager when I was younger

I wouldn’t want to think how much time I’ve spent playing civilisation games overall though - in the last I’ve owned Civ 2, Civ: Call to Power, Call to Power 2, Civ IV and currently have Civ V.

1 Like

Did a couple of LAN parties bitd. We’d spend around 5 days at my friends big house when his parents were away. The days would go something like: command and conquer from midday until early evening. Eat and play medal of honour/goldeneye/super smash bros for an hour, then command and conquer until 6am. Repeat.

1 Like

Haven’t done any mega non stop sessions but definitely lost whole weekends to cm01/02.

Most played game ever is probably hearthstone.

Honourable mentions to gta1, worms (various editions), warcraft 2.

Think I racked up something in the region of 64 days on Timesplitters 2. Fired over a billion bullets, great days.

4 Likes

Reckon about 15,000 hours on L4d 1 and 2

2 Likes

I shudder to think how much time I spent on Runescape (ffs) in Year 7/8…

1 Like

Definitely Football Manager during my GCSEs, I must have had a few days where I woke up and didn’t stop playing until bedtime.

2 Likes

I pulled a two day sickie when a World of Warcraft expansion came out once, if that answers your question at all.

3 Likes

Probably MarioKart DS on a ski holiday with mates on a day when the weather got so bad we couldn’t go out. Probably about 10 hours.

Draenor? Oof

Nah, was long oot by then.

I may or may not be back on that bullshit.

Oh no.

YESSSSSSSSS!

Outisde the realm of football management simulations, I have played through Final Fantasy VII about ten times across various platforms and I reckon each of those play-throughs has been at least 24 hours worth of game time…