What do you reckon the longest time you’ve spent playing a video game is?

Think I had close to 400 hours on Oblivion. If I add up all the FMs I’ve played it’s easily more than that

80 odd on FFVIII
Probably more on Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

Skyrim, but nowhere near that.

Think I was up to 400 hours or something.

1 Like

Thought I’d have another play through of FFVII at uni after we all chipped in for a television the size of a wardrobe. My housemate went out to lectures early doors as I was turning the PlayStation on and I was still sat in the same place on the sofa when he got back 11 hours later. The look of consternation on his face was wonderful.

2 Likes

Steam says 550 hours on FM13 but in the pre steam days I think Civ2 or Civ3 would probably win it. Maybe with CM 03/04, Fifa 2000, and Worms 2, in the mix too. Would say all those games are over 1000 hours. I just didnt have many games at the time and lots of time after school.

me and a pal completed it in one sitting at uni. commandeering the living room for a full 30ish hours straight wasn’t very popular with our other housemates but sacrifices must be made

1 Like

I’ve got about 280 hours in on Civ 6, including a few whole day sessions recently with the new DLC pack.

Actually completed two standard length games in the same day recently. One I won by accident, the second was a bit cheaty.

Have a vague recollection that I once completed Crash Bandicoot from start to finish in one sitting/slumping.

1 Like

I picked up complete civ 5 in a steam sale a while back. Currently diving into the world of modd, including

• one that slows down both tech progress and the passage of time
  • one that adds in absolutely loads of new techs
  • one that ramps up the difficulty, makes the AI less stupid, and adds in both local and global events

I’m also playing on a massive earth map with about 20 other civs and about 40 city states

As a result of all this after about twelve hours of play I’ve not got past the BC era yet…

1 Like

Might as well go the whole hog and make it 1:1 with the actual passage of time at this point.

1 Like

It’s quite nice in some ways, because it takes so long to filter through everyone else after my turn ends I can fit in boring household tasks while playing.

Until that session the other day I’d never gone near the deity setting on any Civ game. I happened to read somewhere though that you can cheat your way to that by turning off all victories except religious and then play a duel against a leader who can’t build religious units.

Spent a frantic hour or so defending my only city centre from relentless hordes of barbarians whilst building Stonehenge then took a handful of missionaries for a tour of my neighbour’s extremely modern and well-developed country for the win.

Bit silly that because as well as the deity achievement it also unlocks all the other difficulty achievements.

2 Likes

Mods… are you going to allow this rampant Jagging to go on unchecked?

Was thinking of doing a Civ thread before, but reasoned there’s possibly only a couple of us that play it regularly.

Most of the games I’ve spent the most time playing are probably listed above; various Civ/FM games

A few other possible challengers though:

• Transport Tycoon DX
  • Minecraft
  • The Settlers/Settlers II
  • Geoff Crammond’s Grand Prix II
1 Like

Yeah, Skyrim for me as well. One Christmas my whole routine was basically wake-up, breakfast, Skyrim, lunch, Skyrim, open wine / beers, Skyrim, dinner, Skyrim, sleep. Repeat.

1 Like

I remember back when Civ 4 or 5 came out, a few Dissers sorted out an online game. I wasn’t involved as I didn’t buy my copy until a lot later.

It’s probably a FM game. Haven’t played one in ages though, due to losing too much time on them previously. Maybe I should give it another go. Anyone know when the new one is out?

2 Likes

DO IT (please, if you want to)

2 Likes

I think it’s due just in time for the Qatar World Cup. May 2022 or something.

:smiley: